Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor Visa Signature

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Capital One Savor Visa Signature

I just helped a customer at my job and she was paying with the Capital one Savor card but it was a Visa Signature... I have never seen this before. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Savor Visa Signature

It's possible the account was PC'd from an existing Visa Signature product such as Venture or QS (when the option was available).   We all know how Capital One flip flops on issuing CCs on different networks from time to time.

Message 2 of 13
delaney1
Established Contributor

Isn’t any Savor that started with at least 5k signature? My Savor is a signature Visa.
Message 3 of 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@delaney1 wrote:
Isn’t any Savor that started with at least 5k signature? My Savor is a signature Visa.

I don't know about CLs and tiers, but more commonly they run on the MC network.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One issues on both networks depending on the deals they get on the back end.  Currently it looks like they're using the Visa network for new apps.

Message 5 of 13
SBR249
Established Contributor

Capital One flips from Visa to MC and back every couple of years. They issued Ventures as Visa back in 2015, then it became MC, now it's back to Visa. However, individual accounts generally stay with the network that they were originally issued on. My VentureOne was issued as a Visa and it stayed a Visa when I PC'ed to QS even when QS was issue as a MC. So at any one time, there's usually a mix of Visa/MC cardholders out there for the various flavors of CapOne cards. 

Message 6 of 13
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Interesting... I want to apply, but I want to get my current limits higher, so I could possible get a SL of 10k and up.  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 7 of 13
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@SBR249 wrote:  "... Capital One flips from Visa to MC and back every couple of years."

Interesting.  I thought they stuck to one network for one type of card.  So, if I were applying for a new card with the intent to combine with an existing Capital One card later (consolidation), they may or may not be a compatible merge depending on the cards because they would both have to be issued in the same network to be able to consolidate accounts, correct? 

I don't think I have ever heard of another bank doing it this way before!  They might issue MC and Visa but one brand-name card was usually just in one network, from my understanding. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 8 of 13
BH1985
Regular Contributor

Capital One discontinued combinations a little while back if I’m not mistaken.
Message 9 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Aim_High wrote:

@SBR249 wrote:  "... Capital One flips from Visa to MC and back every couple of years."

Interesting.  I thought they stuck to one network for one type of card.  So, if I were applying for a new card with the intent to combine with an existing Capital One card later (consolidation), they may or may not be a compatible merge depending on the cards because they would both have to be issued in the same network to be able to consolidate accounts, correct? 

I don't think I have ever heard of another bank doing it this way before!  They might issue MC and Visa but one brand-name card was usually just in one network, from my understanding. 

As others have mentioned you can't currently merge accounts with Capital One, but back when you could the network didn't matter.  It was perfectly fine to merge a Visa into a MasterCard (or vice versa).

It's also true that they tend to flip back-and-forth between the networks, and that the network doesn't matter when you do a PC. 

My own Quicksilver WEMC was issued as a Venture WEMC (which is now issued as Visa) and Savor is issued as MasterCard but you'll see the occasional Savor Visa due to a PC (like @Harvey26 mentioned above). 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.