Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor Visa Signature

tag
etatauri
Established Member

Re: Capital One Savor Visa Signature

I applied 4/22/19 and mine came as a Mastercard. I wonder if they switched networks when they reduced the SUB from 500 to 300? I was lucky enough to apply when it was 500, that was an amazing bonus!

Capital One Savor 20,000 |||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 15,000 |||| American Express Blue Cash Preferred 11,000 |||| Venmo 10,000 |||| Macy's Amex 10,000 |||| Amazon Prime Signature Visa (Chase) 6,900 |||| Citi Double Cash 6,500 |||| Wells Fargo Platinum 6,000 |||| Chase Freedom Unlimited 5,700 |||| Paypal Credit 4,250 |||| Gap (Synchrony) 3,500 |||| Total CL: 98,850

EX: 812 |||| TU: 792 |||| EQ: 792 (As of Apr. 28, 2022)

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is Visa Signature, PC'ed from QuickSilver. I like it because not only it has 4% CB from Dining but also it's metal Smiley Happy

I do prefer MasterCard however (not sure if Cap1 allows changing or not), because cards in my wallet (including Savor) are all Visa.

Message 12 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@etatauri wrote:

I applied 4/22/19 and mine came as a Mastercard. I wonder if they switched networks when they reduced the SUB from 500 to 300? I was lucky enough to apply when it was 500, that was an amazing bonus!

Savor accounts resulting from new applications have always come as MasterCard; Savor is a relatively new product.  To get a Savor Visa one must PC from an existing Capital One Visa (however at this time they aren't doing PCs to Savor at all).

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine is Visa Signature, PC'ed from QuickSilver. I like it because not only it has 4% CB from Dining but also it's metal Smiley Happy

I do prefer MasterCard however (not sure if Cap1 allows changing or not), because cards in my wallet (including Savor) are all Visa.

You're welcome to ask, but as far as I know we've never had anybody report that Capital One was willing to change an account from one network to another due to a customer request.

The only network changes I know of them doing are when they purchase card portfolios from other banks that have either American Express or Discover Card accounts.  My own HSBC Discover was purchased by Capital One in 2013, and had I not closed it it would have become a MasterCard.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.