Did you mean: 

Capital One - Second Card???

tag
dchrist475
New Contributor

Capital One - Second Card???

Hey,

I just got the following email from Capital One:

Thank you for being a Capital One customer since June 2008. We appreciate your loyalty and have a
special offer for customers like you—you can apply for an additional account!

Give your wallet an extra boost with the Capital One Standard Platinum card, plus get great features like

$0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
Secure online account access 24/7
Annual fee waived for the first year—it's on us
(a $19 value).

You’ll also get Platinum Benefits like auto rental insurance, travel assistance services, and extended warranty protection.

We hope you’ll take advantage of this valuable offer today. But don’t wait too long to apply—this offer ends November 22, 2010!

Does this mean that I am practically pre-approved? Has anyone ever been denied after receiving this offer?

Any info would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!!!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One - Second Card???

To me it sounds like the same "pre-approval" offer you might get in the mail. They have done a quick glance of of your credit but a hard credit pull will still have to be done after application. It certainly doesn't look like you might be a lock to get it.

But that's just my view of this.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got the same email today and was going to apply until i saw the 24% APR

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i got the same email today and was going to apply until i saw the 24% APR

If you use any card wisely and never carry a balance from month to month then the APR shoudn't matter.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I got the same email this morning but I have no intentions on applying for this card.  I already have one Cap1 card that they refuse to increase my limit, why on earth would I reward them by getting another one...I don't think so. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 5 of 6
creditchild
Regular Contributor

i got that same email too this morning so i called. they offered me the rewards card instead

of that standard plat card. which now i'm thinking i shouldn"t have. i'm with you kiwill they wouldn't

give me a limit increase so why i should i give them my business. well she talked me into applying

so i did and it came back with another $500cl!  i should have followed my first mind and said no. but

what i'm going to do is close the one i have now since the other one is for rewards. cap one is getting

to be flaky.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.