cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Deposit Refund - Now Unsecured!

tag
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: CapOne secured CC graduation today

We've been seeing a few graduations here and there the last few months.

That's great you were able to! 

Congratulations 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 131 of 154
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Congratulations !

Message 132 of 154
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your 🎓 graduation!
Message 133 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sixstringcliff wrote:

Holy cow I have great news! Today my secured Capital One credit card graduated to unsecured! I’ve had this card for 13 months and thought this day would never come. The credit card gods are surely smiling today. Now I’m off to see about a credit limit increase above the current $500 limit that I have. Such an awesome day! 😀 Some data points: My FICO8 scores are TU 755 EX 749 EQ 733. I’m an AU on my parents Navy Federal credit card and I have a Self account. One inquiry and no baddies. When I first started my credit journey I had nothing but three collections on my credit reports. I’ve come such a long way in 13 months!

Congratulations🥳🎉 on your graduation 🧑🏼‍🎓 👨🏾‍🎓 👩🏼‍🎓 and welcome to the forum! 🌱

Message 134 of 154
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 135 of 154
MrZero
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Deposit Refund - Now Unsecured!

So uh, yeah I got an e-mail this evening congratulating me on my security deposit being returned and my card being "upgraded" to a Platinum Mastercard, the account was opened in January last year. So, neat, it's still going to be the card that's only in my current wallet because I have room for it but I guess I should spend my $49.

Going to try for a CLI and a product change. They've been e-mailing/nagging me with pre-approvals every week for the Quicksilver card but it's redundant and I don't want a triple pull for another 1.5% CB card when my Navy Cash Rewards already does that.

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 136 of 154
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Deposit Refund - Now Unsecured!

@MrZero wrote:

So uh, yeah I got an e-mail this evening congratulating me on my security deposit being returned and my card being "upgraded" to a Platinum Mastercard, the account was opened in January last year. So, neat, it's still going to be the card that's only in my current wallet because I have room for it but I guess I should spend my $49.

Going to try for a CLI and a product change. They've been e-mailing/nagging me with pre-approvals every week for the Quicksilver card but it's redundant and I don't want a triple pull for another 1.5% CB card when my Navy Cash Rewards already does that.

As a suggestion, it seems many folks who get pre-qualified for a Quicksilver can also be approved for a SavorOne.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 137 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to the theme here - my secured CO card of nearly 2 1/2 years graduated to unsecured yesterday, and the deposit was credited to my statement balance. I had just called maybe 2 weeks ago to ask when I might expect that to happen and they told me there was no guidance, and that I would just receive a letter in the mail if and when it did happen. Then I read on various threads where CO only refunds it if you close your account, so was definitely not expecting it. No way to know if my phone call had anything to do with it, but it's a pretty big conicidence. 

Message 138 of 154
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Adding to the theme here - my secured CO card of nearly 2 1/2 years graduated to unsecured yesterday, and the deposit was credited to my statement balance. I had just called maybe 2 weeks ago to ask when I might expect that to happen and they told me there was no guidance, and that I would just receive a letter in the mail if and when it did happen. Then I read on various threads where CO only refunds it if you close your account, so was definitely not expecting it. No way to know if my phone call had anything to do with it, but it's a pretty big conicidence. 

@Anonymous  Congrats on getting your card unsecured!

Doubt if the phone call triggered anything (at least mines haven't and I have called a couple of times inquiring).

It's now going on 3 yrs and 4 months in a couple of weeks and no matter the usage, utilization, payments, balances etc. have worked to have it unsecure.

One day I keep saying...One Day

Message 139 of 154
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

...Then I read on various threads where CO only refunds it if you close your account, so was definitely not expecting it. No way to know if my phone call had anything to do with it, but it's a pretty big conicidence. 

I read the same thing last year when I had a secured CapOne card; I was already disenchanted with the card because they were holding my payments, and when I read about their well known reticence regading unsecuring the cards, I went ahead and closed mine after only six weeks.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 140 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.