cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Deposit Refund - Now Unsecured!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: After almost 4 yrs, Cap1 graduated me

You've just earned a Cap One BA AwardSmiley Wink

Message 61 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Epitome of 2020 - Capital One returns deposit to my 2016 Platinum "Credit Step" Card.

I opened my Capital One platinum card in 2016 with the overall goal of building my credit. After 6 months, received a quick $300 CLI which was encouraging to see. At the one year mark, after months of additional responsible usage and perfect payments, I waited.....waited.....and waited.......but NOTHING HAPPENED.

Called Support - I'm SOOL, apparently, the new company policy is that cards do not graduate anymore?

I used the card sparingly as my profile improved and allowed me to pick up premier cash reward cards for regular rotation. I always kept a balance on the card platinum card, whether big or small since the limit was so insignificant.

Fast Forward to Nov 2020 - I pay off the **bleep** thing and say to myself "enough is enough!". I sock drawer the thing........locked away forever. Never to see the light of day, again!

I look at my account today to pay off on my Walmart card and what do I see here on neglected Platinum Account?!

A $50 security deposit has been returned???  HAS MY CARD FINALLY GRADUATED?

I checked my email for a graduation email from C.O, however, sadly there was nothing there. My card is still classified as Secured on the site, so I will wait till the end of the week before calling in. I would love to hopefully raise the limit and product change that platinum into a Savor or Savor One, Wish me luck! 

Message 62 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my security deposit too, I think Capital One is finally turning the corner!

I'm appreciative of the deposit, but let's get the real point here - WHEN CAN WE RECEIVE CLI AND PRODUCT CHANGES!!

Would love to change to the Savor or Savor One. 

Message 63 of 154
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received my security deposit too, I think Capital One is finally turning the corner!

I'm appreciative of the deposit, but let's get the real point here - WHEN CAN WE RECEIVE CLI AND PRODUCT CHANGES!!

Would love to change to the Savor or Savor One.

Congratulations on your graduation 🎓!

Message 64 of 154
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Epitome of 2020 - Capital One returns deposit to my 2016 Platinum "Credit Step" Card.

Well, 2020 has been pretty crappy, finally graduating is pretty great, so not sure how that's the epitome of 2020. 😂 

Congratulations on graduating. Your card now sucks a little less!!! JK

Smiley Wink

Message 65 of 154
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Epitome of 2020 - Capital One returns deposit to my 2016 Platinum "Credit Step" Card.

Congratulations on your graduation 🎓!
Message 66 of 154
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the graduation!

Message 67 of 154
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Thats great news! Lately I've read of a few members posting about Capital One graduating their CC's.

Looks like Capital One is slowly starting to do it again.

Congratulations to you!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 68 of 154
FalconSteve
Valued Contributor

🎉🎈🎉Congratulations🎉🎈🎉

I'm not sure about Capital One, but when my wife's DiscoverCard graduated from secured, she PCed to the it cashback card, which gave her 5% categories instead of 2% on gas (we don't drive). This gave us a better rewards package and allowed us to keep the history.

If you want to keep the history, but switch to a better rewards structure, it may be worth a call to Capital One to ask them if you qualify for a product change.

1/8/17 Discover $18300 CL- $1k SL- AU, wife
1/26/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $35k CL, wife
2/19/20 BB&T/Truist Rewards $11k SL- impulse application
2/22/20 Citi Double Cash WEMC $2.9k-->$4.4k-->$8.4k-->$13.4k-->$17.4k-->$19.4k-->$22.4k AU, wife
3/8/20 Wells Fargo Propel AmEx/Autograph VISA $2900-->$3200-->$5000-->$8800 CL- AU, wife
3/9/20 Truist Rewards $11k SL- AU, wife- impulse app
3/21/20 REDcard MasterCard (TD Bank) $2500-->$6000-->$6500 CL
11/24/20 AmEx Cash Magnet $10k SL-->36hr-->$20k-->$35k CL
6/10/21 SoFi World Elite MC (TBOM) $7000 SL
1/19/22 AppleCard/GS $6k-->$10k-->$11k AU, wife
8/15/22 Chase freedom flex $10.3k SL-->$12.5k-->$15k AU, wife
7/5/23 Lowes/Synchrony $4k-->$10k-->same day-->$35k CL
8/2/23 Chase freedom flex $19k --> $22.8 CL
8/2/23 Discover $8k SL
Message 69 of 154
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

This has been happening a little here lately. Others have reported of their CC's graduating.

Congratulations on the cool news!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 70 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.