cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Deposit Refund - Now Unsecured!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured Deposit Refund

OP, where did you see the deposit refunded? Was it under transactions or where specifically? I am trying to have SO check his account.

Thanks and congrats again!

Message 11 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!  Under my recent transactions it says Security Deposit Refund.   The type of transaction is other. 

This was a totally unexpected early holiday gift to me. Wishing you the best!

Message 12 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a security deposit refund as a credit to my account as well.

@Anonymous Does the detail for yours happen to show that it was made on November 17, posted on November 18?

If so, I'm thinking this is the very beginning of Capital One starting to graduate secured cards again. I applied for, funded the security deposit, then received and activated the card in September 2019.

The refund was roughly halfway through my billing cycle this month with them, and this is after my 13th full statement since my account was opened. This cycle will be my 14th when it cuts. This lines up with some previous data points of Capital One graduation, though if your refund date matches mine, I'm thinking it might not have to do with number of statements or anything like that, just that it's the first day of them starting deposit refunds again.

Either way, congrats on the graduation! I expect we'll both be receiving emails soon, which would certainly make the unsecured upgrade official!

Message 13 of 154
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to those of you who are receiving their security deposits back. I'm sure it's a great feeling to have this unexpected graduation, especially with all of the recent data points suggesting otherwise. 

If Capital One has decided to start graduating again en masse, it's going to make a lot of people quite pleased. 

Message 14 of 154
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great news!  I just called Capital One. The rep told me that my card is now unsecured. He said it happened for a number of people over the past couple of days.  I was his second call today with the same question. Hopefully all of you will also become unsecured soon! 

wishing everyone the best of luck!

That is great news. Congratulations on your graduation!!!

Message 15 of 154
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck. I hope you got a graduation too!

Message 16 of 154
Larrypatty
Valued Member

Checked my cap one platnium secured account today and saw a balance of -$99.00. Which was a nice surprise. On my 11th month statement close date. Last month I finally got pre approved for the discover it and got a little carried away doing some other pre approvals and did it with capital one and got a quicksilver 1k limit. Would have waited if I had know about a potential graduation. 

Message 17 of 154
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Glad Cap One came to their senses. Constantly changing policy seems flaky and shady.

Message 18 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Larrypatty wrote:

Checked my cap one platnium secured account today and saw a balance of -$99.00. Which was a nice surprise. On my 11th month statement close date. Last month I finally got pre approved for the discover it and got a little carried away doing some other pre approvals and did it with capital one and got a quicksilver 1k limit. Would have waited if I had know about a potential graduation. 

Congrats!

11th statement is a good DP.

SO hit 8th statement and did not make the cut to graduate, even with greatly improved scores from when initially approved, so I am guessing betweeen 9-11 statements is the requirement at this point.

I cant wait to see more DPs!

Fingers crossed for everyone with a secured Cap One CC!

I truly hope they are moving back to graduating these secured CCs and it is not just a one-time thing until they decide to do it again in 2+ years!

Message 19 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Does the detail for yours happen to show that it was made on November 17, posted on November 18?

If so, I'm thinking this is the very beginning of Capital One starting to graduate secured cards again. I applied for, funded the security deposit, then received and activated the card in September 2019.

The refund was roughly halfway through my billing cycle this month with them, and this is after my 13th full statement since my account was opened. This cycle will be my 14th when it cuts. This lines up with some previous data points of Capital One graduation, though if your refund date matches mine, I'm thinking it might not have to do with number of statements or anything like that, just that it's the first day of them starting deposit refunds again.

Either way, congrats on the graduation! I expect we'll both be receiving emails soon, which would certainly make the unsecured upgrade official!

Congrats on your graduation, that is so exciting! Just when all of us had basically given up on Cap One graduating their secured CCs they pulled through for some of us!

Message 20 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.