cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Deposit Refund - Now Unsecured!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured Deposit Refund

Congratulations to you also!   My refund was on the 18th. I guess we are both at the beginning of this new cycle. Hopefully others on this board will benefit from this. 

Message 21 of 154
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

<as everyone else checks to see if the Combine Accounts feature has returned> 👀

Message 22 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Security Deposit of $149 was finally refunded on November 19, 2020 after 3 YEARS of having my Capital One Secured Credit Card. I honestly never thought it would be returned without me having to close the Card, especially not after they stopped Graduating the Secured Credit Card a few years ago.

The Credit Card is still labeled as "Secured" when I look at my account using Chrome.. I'm not sure if that will change in a few days or what.

Message 23 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My Security Deposit of $149 was finally refunded on November 19, 2020 after 3 YEARS of having my Capital One Secured Credit Card. I honestly never thought it would be returned without me having to close the Card, especially not after they stopped Graduating the Secured Credit Card a few years ago.

The Credit Card is still labeled as "Secured" when I look at my account using Chrome.. I'm not sure if that will change in a few days or what.

Congrats on your Cap One secured graduating!

You must have just missed the cutoff of them graduating cards. You finally got there, though, so it is done!

Message 24 of 154
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

I called and talked to a rep to see if i could get my deposit returned-graduated and he said he couldn't perform that action. He did however confirm that graduating is taking place again and the analysts are working through all this month of November flagging accounts for graduation. He told me to hang on to hope and it might happen yet. I wont hold my breath lol. 

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JeffMO wrote:

I called and talked to a rep to see if i could get my deposit returned-graduated and he said he couldn't perform that action. He did however confirm that graduating is taking place again and the analysts are working through all this month of November flagging accounts for graduation. He told me to hang on to hope and it might happen yet. I wont hold my breath lol. 

How long have you had your cap one?

Message 26 of 154
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous 

I opened it December 9th, 2017 so right at 3 years. Me and DW got both at the same time and they graduated hers within 3 months and I've been hanging ever since. Made me angry lol. Oh well lol

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.

Message 27 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JeffMO Good luck, I hope you graduate this month!

I do hope they continue to graduate cards, I used to recommend them for credit rebuilding purposes but have shifted to other FIs offering secured cards (mainly Discover and Navy). 

If you read the reviews on the secured card page of the Cap One site, you will see all the complaints lol.

I wonder how this will impact cli on newly graduated cards. 

Message 28 of 154
blindambition
Senior Contributor

You might have checked during maintenance. Reason it might not have had correct title. If I check accounts late at night when maintenance is common, the QS skin is removed shows Platinum instead. Which is what card started as with HSBC.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 29 of 154
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JeffMO Good luck, I hope you graduate this month!

I do hope they continue to graduate cards, I used to recommend them for credit rebuilding purposes but have shifted to other FIs offering secured cards (mainly Discover and Navy). 

If you read the reviews on the secured card page of the Cap One site, you will see all the complaints lol.

I wonder how this will impact cli on newly graduated cards. 

Thank you @Anonymous , I have no idea how it will impact cli after, but here's to hoping! I just would fall over backwards if they select mine...would make my whole year. Cause then I will PC it right away LOL 😆 

Message 30 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.