Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Platinum Graduation + Product Change

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Capital One Secured Platinum Graduation + Product Change

Opened the account in 1/2019 at the beginning of my rebuild and received my security deposit back a few days ago. I was happy to see the card finally upgraded, I have not used it in several months. I make a minimal charge every few months to keep the account active so I do not have very much spend on it at all. Since the card graduated, I have been checking online for a product upgrade using the upgrade link and also adding =ProductUpgrade to the end of the web URL when accessing my account but with no luck.

Today, I checked again for an upgrade online but no lucky. I called into customer support to get my negative balance sent to me in form of a check (they have no other options) and while on the call, I asked to see if my account was eliglbe for an upgrade. The CSR said I was eligble to upgrade to the Quicksilver with no AF.  Two wins in one day, woohoo!

I wanted to pass along that even though online did not give me any options for a product upgrade, the CSRs were able to see it available in their system. I hope some of you have luck with ;unsecuring your card as well. Took about 2 1/2 years but Capital One approved me when no one else did during my rebuild (sub 500 FICO 8).

P.S. I am able to see the card as a Quicksilver now in the app and the CC # remains the same.

2 REPLIES 2
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Platinum Graduation + Product Change

Congratulations!

Earlier this year I started seeing some success stories of Cap1 graduations.

I'm glad it worked out for you along with an upgrade.

Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 2 of 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Platinum Graduation + Product Change

@randomguy1, Congratulations on your Capital One success!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.