Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured card

tag
Loques
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured card

Has anyone had this card report yet?  I have had this card for about 6 weeks and it still isn't reporting. Smiley Indifferent

Current Score (11/2020): EQ: 753 | TU: 731 | EX: 749---Starting Score (3/2010): EQ: 522 | TU: 525 | EX: 520---Goal: All 3 FICO 800+
--------------------
Message 21 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved 4/26, received the card 5/10 and it started reporting on 6/26... seemed like it took forever.

Message 22 of 56
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

For those that have added security funds to increase their balance *AFTER* recieving the card.. what was the turn around time before  your credit limit was increased?

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 23 of 56
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

1 week or so

Message 24 of 56
mizzcharles
Valued Member

So,

ladies and gents, it's been three months since i've had this card, so it's been great, it reports as a credit card with revolving debt.. pretty ok for me, waiting to see if they'll give me a credit line increase.If not it's ok but they said after 3 months they decide.. Either way i'm still very happy. If i get one i'll sure let you guys know..

BTW: MY SCORE WENT UP, FROM 495 TO 520, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HIGHER EXCEPT I HAD SOME NEG ITEMS THAT GOT REPORTED SO IT LEVELED MY SCORE..

*Wishing to be debt free*

Starting Score: EX: 513, TU 495
Current Score: EX: ???, TU 520
Goal Score: EX: 650, TU: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 56
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Update on mine:

Approved: June 23

Recieved: July 7

Just submitted my 3rd deposit  to increase my line

New secured deposits seem to take almost 1.5  weeks in actual time before the line increases

Still no reporting yet on any of the 3 CB`s

In the meantime..... Ive watched paint dry on every wall in my house and have run out of walls Smiley Very Happy

Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 26 of 56
mizzcharles
Valued Member

Lol, build more walls. I noticed it took a whole month after having it before it reported on mine and that actaully DROPPED my score initially. It's ok, since it's going up again. Also in my case i have baddies fighting against me but so far so good card..

Message 27 of 56
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

It generated the first statement after a full months use, and boy is the card a big endless wonder that still isnt reporting. LOL

Payments/Credits : $527.89

Purchases/Advances : $527.89

Balance: $0

Payment Due Sept 4: $15  ------------ EXCUSE ME??????? $0 Balance and $15 minimum payment????????

Credit Limit: $250.00

Cash ADV Limit: $100.00 -- Apparently I`m only allowd to withdraw less than half of my money at an ATM... Oh well, good thing I dont get cash advances.

This card is more fun than a barrell of monkies! Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone know if the score needed for the CapOne Platnimum card is roughly the same needed for the CapOne No Hassle Cash Rewards CC? I already have the Platium one, and would like to get another CC that I can use anywhere. I just wasn't sure if anyone out there has both, or knows if you can get both if you already have one and are part of their Credit Steps problem...?

Message 29 of 56
mizzcharles
Valued Member

It is a fun card, the $15 minimum limit is good though. EVen If you used your whole credit limit your minimum payment will always be $15. which is good.. The cash advance limit of half is annoying but who uses their credit card for advances? Maybe some do but .. I dunno. lol

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.