Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured card

UPDATE:

So, after giving the rep the correct bank info on  10/29, I still have yet to receive my card. 

The deposit cleared my account on 11/01 but Capital One said they didn't receive the money until 11/8 (5 business days after the money cleared from my account).

11/10- Received an e-mail from cap one stating that my image has been approved and that I should receive my card in 7-10 business days. 

That is a long way from the original 2 weeks, I was told even if counting from the date that they received the correct banking information.  (1.5 weeks for card to be on the way) (7-10 days before I receive it). WHOAH Capital One. 

Disappointed yet excited to start rebuilding my credit. 

Eqifax- 455

Transunion- 577

Experian- 544

FICO- 477

Message 41 of 56
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I would expect the custom image added the extra time.     Rebuilding is a long term process,  a few days doesn't matter. 

Message 42 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One is very very slow!

I did everything online NEVER talked to a live human being ever. NO custom image just the plain jane card.  I applied and was approved on 10/26. Made the deposit online 10/26 during the approval process.  They debited my deposit THAT day from my bank account.

Fast forward to 11/9 I finally get an email saying that they have shipped my card. And I still havent received my card! That's 15+ business days but I'm not in that big of a hurry so it's not that big of a deal but certainly longer than most card companies I have ever dealt with.

Message 43 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

GOT MY CARD TODAY!! YAH!!!

0y

Received an email from  Cap One stating that card was mailed on yesterday and to expect it in the next 7 business days.  However,  I got it today (Tueday)!!! How fast was that...  

I have activated the card and my online account.... Will let you everyone know when the card starts reporting. 

Message 44 of 56
jnydc
Contributor

Has anyone had this graduate to a big boy card.  Is that even a feature of the Capital One secured cards?  Some companies feature that they will review you in a year, what about Cap 1?

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 45 of 56
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Capital One is unusual in that they added unsecured CL to your secured CL along the way to graduation.   I was told they review every 6 months.

Message 46 of 56
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

Let's not get ahead ourselves here. Cap1 doesn't guarantee a unsecured increase, they simply state that they may do it. I think too many people get hyped up over the statement & they don't realize it's not a sure thing. I'm coming up on 6 months with this card in December & it'll be interesting to see if any increase does happen. I'm not jumping on you so, I hope you don't take my response the wrong way. I'm just simply stating that it's not a guarantee that you'll get any unsecured increases. The CSR I spoke to when I opened my card made sure that I was aware of that but, I didn't need her to tell me that since I already know that nothing is a gimme in this day & age.

Message 47 of 56
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

When and how much they add depends on how your credit improves.   You may get an increase or you may not when they review.   Personally, I am not expecting an increase at 6 months, but we will see.   This card has only been on the market for 6 months, so we should know a lot more about how strict or generous Capital One is , in a few more months.

I don't think there is a secured card that can guarantee graduation at a specific time.   Although a lot of CSR have promised it.  

Message 48 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a score as good as yours why are you applying for a secure Card??

Message 49 of 56
jnydc
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With a score as good as yours why are you applying for a secure Card??

Who are you speaking to...?

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.