Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured to Unsecured

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Capital One Secured to Unsecured

I have the cap one secured, and I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with theirs turning into an unsecured, how much did they give you as an unsecured limit?

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured to Unsecured

@xgac12x wrote:

I have the cap one secured, and I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with theirs turning into an unsecured, how much did they give you as an unsecured limit?

So far there is no luck with cap one unsecuring the secured accounts. The only ones Cap One "unsecured" was those transferred in from HSBC/Household Bank/Orchard Bank.

Sorry Smiley Sad but best of luck in your credit journey!

Message 2 of 6
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Ah Okay, that kind of stinks..Smiley Sad Should I just rid of it when I get out of gardening and start applying for new unsecured cards?

Message 3 of 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

Ah Okay, that kind of stinks..Smiley Sad Should I just rid of it when I get out of gardening and start applying for new unsecured cards?

I recommend holding onto it as long as possible...by this I mean wait until you have all the cards you'd possible want before completely ditching it. It's helping your AAoA, positive payment history, and utility.

Then, once you have all you could dream off...then drop it like a hot potato!

Message 4 of 6
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Haha alright, thank you! I will probably get rid of it right before the next annual fee sets in (Ill see where im at by then, if I have everything I could possibly desire)Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

Haha alright, thank you! I will probably get rid of it right before the next annual fee sets in (Ill see where im at by then, if I have everything I could possibly desire)Smiley Happy

Ewww, annual fee?! Totally forgot about that little aspect!!

Change of plans: before the next annual fee sets in, definitely get rid of it! I just looked at your siggy and you already have a good collection of cards, so no big loss. Don't rush on those goal cards then; slow and steady wins the race!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.