Did you mean: 

Capital One Sux! Just venting.

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Sux! Just venting.

@j_casteel wrote:

i know...i was just being dumb.

At least it probably prevented 40 replies requesting it to be PM'd to them.

Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

i know...i was just being dumb.

At least it probably prevented 40 replies requesting it to be PM'd to them.

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thanks for posting the exec number! I will give it a shot before I give up altogether on them. You'd think they would want to give me a reason to use at least one of their cards!

I did recently receive both Chase Explorer (United) and Citi ThankYou cards. After less than 3 months, Chase gave me CLI from $5K to $11.5K! Very happy with both cards and don't really want to apply for any more. Just trying to do some housekeeping and get rid of these two Cap1 cards that I never use - but I fear what losing $6K of CL will do to my credit score! Its almost 20% of my overall credit.

My other card I never use but keep anyways is Juniper -- only because they report some "TransRisk" score from TU. I know its a FAKO but it did jump from 686 to 710 when I got my CitiTY card. Must mean that my real scores went up too, right? At least it has SOME usefulness. My Cap1 cards have NO usefulness. Except for HSBC platinum card with its low APR but its CL is so low I dont want to put anything on it. Lame. If they would give me a CLI, I would use their damn card!

Message 13 of 19
jocleveland
Regular Contributor

Capital One Sux! Just venting.

You got that right!!!

I recently sent a message to Orchard Bank requesting a CL increase, waiver of the AF and a lower interest rate. Included was information that my account is two years old, never been late, my scores are in the 700's and my bureau's have zero lates. Today's response was basically sorry but no. I followed it with a thanks for the initial credit line and as soon as my Chase Freedom arrives I will be closing my account with Orchard.  Additionally, I sent a letter to the CEO of Cap One (also two years old) on Friday asking for help in the above categories as well as maybe adding Reward Points as an additional perk. I'm hoping someone replies with some sort of adjustments. The standard reply has been "Capital One is not offering CL increases at this time.....try again later". I have been granted the Freedom card as well as a USAA Platinum Rewards Visa. If Cap One doesn't do something I'll take the $900 availability hit and be on my merry way.

Message 14 of 19
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

I don't see what the point in hiding the contacts anyway lol, majority of the people who would use the number will be from this forum. Most regular folk dont even know, about half the stuff that goes on here anyway. Lol, and that's real talk...

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 15 of 19
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I still have to say it; It is just plain bad you have to go to such extremes with them.  Any other bank would realize at some time you have improved and deserve more.  What good does it do even if you call the regular number and ask for a CLI and even in explaining to them that you have been with the bank so long and never been given a CLI and they look at it and say; "We keep your account up to date."  Up to date, some people have had the card for 3, 5 , 10, or more years with a low limit.  These same people turn around and apply or contact the EO and get 5, 10, or over 15 times that up-to-date limit.  In what reality is that realistic?  They are losing money by servicing the account for those who simply put it in the sock drawer, especially if there is no annual fee on the card.  If they grew with at least some of their customers who have graduated to a higher level, then they would make even more money.  And I thought the point of being in business was to make money!  I thought the point of customer relationship management was to keep customers and the good customers longer? 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 19
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

They have different business models for their different cards.   Most of the CapOne rebuilder cards are designed to have low limits and take big risk.  That is the customer base.  They are not trying to expand that base, they just want to focus on one base and make it work well.  There are other CapOne cards for prime credit, but these are like a different division of the company.  If your credit has improved, CapOne will welcome you to apply for these cards.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 17 of 19
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

They have different business models for their different cards.   Most of the CapOne rebuilder cards are designed to have low limits and take big risk.  That is the customer base.  They are not trying to expand that base, they just want to focus on one base and make it work well.  There are other CapOne cards for prime credit, but these are like a different division of the company.  If your credit has improved, CapOne will welcome you to apply for these cards.

Yeah, that sounds just like the reps at the company say.  But why should you need to reapply when you already have the relationship?  At some point the computer could be programmed to filter who would be good candidates.  And certainly the CSR training could be improved to identify those who would also be eligible for offers or CLIs.  After all the computer system does identify you for some offers.  I got a temporary decrease in the interest rate for I think 6 months.  (I found it funny because I don't pay interest, so it doesn't always work and it wasn't going to entice me to spend more.)

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand they have different markets for different cards. They probably make tons of $$$ off the "sub-prime" or "starter/rebuilder" cards -- high interest rates, high penalties, annual fees, etc. Maybe they have high default rates though.

But I now have THREE cards that are under Capital One, two of which have had zero balances for years, one of which was recently totally paid off. They know my credit score has improved over the years, because they monitor it. They know I have NEVER had a missed or even late payment in all those years. And now I call and tell them that their cards are among my worst and I am going to cancel them. 

If they dont offer me some incentive to stay, I app for other cards. Which I did. My Chase Explorer actually has a higher APR than my HSBC, but because it has a very high CL and earns miles, I will use it over HSBC. And my CitiTY gave me a big CL and good BT offer, which I took advantage of - in fact transferred the remaining HSBC balance so I can close the card. Citi made 3% off my BT, and I will probably have some left over and they'll earn interest on that. And with the high CL I will be more inclined to use this card. In a few months I suspect Citi will give me a CLI. Then I will close two if not all three capital one cards.

So Cap1 is not going to make another dime off of me. You would think they would have some interest in not losing my business! I can't wait to see what response I get at that exec number!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.