Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Tiny Increase

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Tiny Increase

I’m also not sure it’s about scores. When I was approved for my QS a few years ago the score they pulled was 648. They started me at 5k. I just got a 3k increase last month ( I pc’d it to a Savor last year)after not requesting a CLI for about two years, so my limit is now at 24k. You are putting 3k through a month, so that sucks that you got such a little increase. That’s in the ballpark of how much spend my card gets.

Message 11 of 14
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Only time will tell how much an increase you get but as with most c1 cards, you might be bucketed so there is little to no chance of getting a proper cli if that is the case. My c1 is one of my lowest CL cards and I'm not happy.

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I started my credit repair a couple of years ago (in my sig line you can see when it was - just look for the sub-600 scores) Cap1  was my only card, and it was a Secured card with a $500 limit. They wopuld not let me add more funds to it to increase my limit. After a year they graduated me to an unsecured card and returned my savings account balance. Six months later I asked about a CLI. I got one - from $500 to $529. By that time I had an Amex with a $4,000 CL and was soon to get my 3x CLI, which I got. At that point I really did not need Cap1 and Cap 1 told me in every language they knew that they were not going to help me increase my scores and in fact would hinder me with such small CLIs. I told them to close the account and have not had a Cap1 since, nor will I ever consider one.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also got a $100 CLI. Yay... Probably won't ever app for a new Crap1 unless they launch some amazing rewards card. Just let it age and age and age.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.