Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Troubles

tag
jropeter
New Contributor

Capital One Troubles

I think I'm about to be done with Capital One. I have four cards with them, all with limits under 1,000 dollars. I've requested cli's with them on countless occasions, and they are always unwilling to oblige my requests. Its completely frustrating. While these cards did help me build credit when I got them back in 2009, my credit has drastically improved, and I feel like they are not an accurate representation of my current credit profile.

What do you all think: should I drop them all, take the hit on my AAoA and get newer and better cards, or should I just keep them? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

AmEx BCE 12k | Sams Club 10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k| Discover IT $9.2k I Citi Diamond Preferred 5.3k I Barclays Apple Financing 4.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.5k | Paypal $1.6k | src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" width="50" border="0" align="left">Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 778(10/2014) FICO EQ: 785 (FICO 10/2014) FICO TU: 789 (Discover Monthly FICO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Troubles

Have you gone the EO route?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

Have you gone the EO route?

+1.  The frontline CSRs and the LUV button don't always work.  Best to call the EO and see where you get.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 7
jropeter
New Contributor

No I have not. I've read on different posts that others have had successful encounters taking the EO route...I guess I'm just a bit apprehensive. I'm tired of them telling me "no."

AmEx BCE 12k | Sams Club 10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 10k| Discover IT $9.2k I Citi Diamond Preferred 5.3k I Barclays Apple Financing 4.5k | Barclays Arrival 4k | Chase Freedon $3k I Amazon Storecard $2.5k | Paypal $1.6k | src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" width="50" border="0" align="left">Starting Score: 520's
Current Score: FICO EX: 778(10/2014) FICO EQ: 785 (FICO 10/2014) FICO TU: 789 (Discover Monthly FICO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jropeter wrote:

No I have not. I've read on different posts that others have had successful encounters taking the EO route...I guess I'm just a bit apprehensive. I'm tired of them telling me "no."

Lol

You can't be tired if you haven't given it your best effort ....Joke 

Follow the link and good luck

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Click on the top one for email address 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@jropeter wrote:

Lol

You can't be tired if you haven't given it your best effort ....Joke 

Follow the link and good luck

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Click on the top one for email address 

+1...if you still feel the same way after going thru the EO, i would definitely say close some/most...gl! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@jropeter wrote:

I think I'm about to be done with Capital One. I have four cards with them, all with limits under 1,000 dollars. I've requested cli's with them on countless occasions, and they are always unwilling to oblige my requests. Its completely frustrating. While these cards did help me build credit when I got them back in 2009, my credit has drastically improved, and I feel like they are not an accurate representation of my current credit profile.

What do you all think: should I drop them all, take the hit on my AAoA and get newer and better cards, or should I just keep them? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

If the EO doesn't help then drop them, the above red part is a misconcepion. See this http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/td-p/347190

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.