Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Unsecured!

tag
arenglish
New Contributor

Capital One Unsecured!

Cap One finally showed love and un-secured me just 5 days after 11th statement cut. Had the card since 2/2017 and all scores in the low 500s. Starting 2018 with no secured cards and scores in bio. Utl was 0% (forgot Chase automatically reports when you pay down balance regardless with statement cuts). No CLI other than the credit steps from my 6th statement. Called today and asked for security deposit returned as a check was told it would take "5-7 business days." Also asked to PC to QS or Venture, was told I have "no offers." Also checked the upgrade link, no dice. Bit of a bummer but hey I'm in a much better position now then I was this time last year with no credit! 

Let me know if I can answer any questions!

10/19 TU:785; EX:752; EQ:728
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Unsecured!

Surprised they wouldn't PC to QS.  Check the online upgrade link as well.

One thing to note is that apping for QS or Venture may get you a nice sign up bonus, so one option if you want either card is to app for it (triple pull) and then combine the old Platinum limit into your new card limit.

You can request a CLI (SP) with that card as well but I'm not sure if it takes a bit for the "secured" notification to be removed internally.

Congrats on the graduation!  My 11th statement is 3 months away myself!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woot, woot.  Congrats on getting unsecured.   Now use it wisely

Message 3 of 4
arenglish
New Contributor

ABCD, I called Saturday night and was told I had no offers and checked the link the same day. Checked the link again today and was offered the QS!

Thanks for the congratulations. 

10/19 TU:785; EX:752; EQ:728
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.