Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Upgrade Experience and updated Upgrade Link

tag
Jujub3ans
Established Member

Capital One Upgrade Experience and updated Upgrade Link

Hi all, 

I've been trying to upgrade my Quicksilver One and Platinum for a while now but never got any options from them by calling. After reading the forums, I found out that their Facebook profile responds the fastest to help with upgrades and other requests. 

My credit has increased from 619-777 since I got approved for the Quicksilver One with a $3000CL in 2019 and the Platinum at $750CL in 2017. I've since gotten the Sapphire Reserve, Apple, X1, Amex Gold (that I closed), Amex Blue (closed as well), Southwest and Amazon. However, CapOne would not change my product. 

I barely used the Quicksilver One or Platinum due to the low limits and lack of rewards. Anyway, today the Platinum got upgraded to Quicksilver regular! and the Quicksilver One was upgraded to Venture One which I've read is an upgrade that can lead to another quick upgrade with spending. The rep also confirmed that they are working to add Savor as an upgrade option. 

Just thought I'd share my exp and the link. 

Happy carding! 
<mod snip --UB>

4 REPLIES 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Upgrade Experience and updated Upgrade Link

@Jujub3ans wrote:

Hi all, 

I've been trying to upgrade my Quicksilver One and Platinum for a while now but never got any options from them by calling. After reading the forums, I found out that their Facebook profile responds the fastest to help with upgrades and other requests. 

My credit has increased from 619-777 since I got approved for the Quicksilver One with a $3000CL in 2019 and the Platinum at $750CL in 2017. I've since gotten the Sapphire Reserve, Apple, X1, Amex Gold (that I closed), Amex Blue (closed as well), Southwest and Amazon. However, CapOne would not change my product. 

I barely used the Quicksilver One or Platinum due to the low limits and lack of rewards. Anyway, today the Platinum got upgraded to Quicksilver regular! and the Quicksilver One was upgraded to Venture One which I've read is an upgrade that can lead to another quick upgrade with spending. The rep also confirmed that they are working to add Savor as an upgrade option. 

Happy carding! 
<mod snip --UB>

The link you provided seems to be unique to you, but there's another way... when one is looking at their card transaction details on the dashboard, just add /productupgrade to the end of the URL in your browser (after the equal sign) and it should display any available upgrade options.

Message 2 of 5
Jujub3ans
Established Member

O that makes sense! Well hopefully the Facebook part can help out! Thank you!

Message 3 of 5
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Jujub3ans wrote:

... The rep also confirmed that they are working to add Savor as an upgrade option. 

The ability to product change to one of the Savors is something many of us would like to see.  I hope the rep knew what they were talking about.

April 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 12 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 0/12, 2/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 4 of 5
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Jujub3ans wrote:

Hi all, 

Happy carding! 
<mod snip --UB>

The link you provided seems to be unique to you, but there's another way... when one is looking at their card transaction details on the dashboard, just add /productupgrade to the end of the URL in your browser (after the equal sign) and it should display any available upgrade options

+1

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.