cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Upgrade Success Finally!

Linux
did you get one of the green cash cards? I got mine in the mail the other day. A lot better looking than my original platinum.
Message 31 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Linux
did you get one of the green cash cards? I got mine in the mail the other day. A lot better looking than my original platinum.

No they said i will not be getting a new card, they just added cash rewards directly to my account and said i will be getting information in the mail within 7 to 10 days. They already retroactively added cash back cuz i had $3 from purchases made this cycle prior to adding cash rewards.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 32 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Oh the person i initially spoke to said i would get a card, it never came and cap1 ended up overnighting me 3 copies of my platinum, then i got a letter saying i would be receiving my upgraded card in the mail soon, it never came so i called them up, they overnighted me another card, and it was the green cash rewards card. Throughout this process i was also given a $50 credit adjustment as a goodwill gesture. Lol. Oh cap1
Message 33 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Oh the person i initially spoke to said i would get a card, it never came and cap1 ended up overnighting me 3 copies of my platinum, then i got a letter saying i would be receiving my upgraded card in the mail soon, it never came so i called them up, they overnighted me another card, and it was the green cash rewards card. Throughout this process i was also given a $50 credit adjustment as a goodwill gesture. Lol. Oh cap1

Maybe they will send me one when my card is up for renewal, i really don't care, cuz I finally got what i wanted! Now i need to get rid of the AF or get it waived when it comes due in January.

Message 34 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Haha i hated the look of my platinun. If i didnt get green card i would've just done card Designer.

I got lucky and my no AF platinum rolled over to my cash rewards. Definitely ask for af waiver. If they dont do it at least your rewards can offset af if you spend enough.
Message 35 of 44
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

I think its really hit or miss depending on which case manager you get. Hopefully the ops case manager calls me back. You would think if they are willing to opening an unsecured card for someone with a secured, that I could pc a unsecured journey rewardscard to a cash rewards. We will see though

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 36 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:

I think its really hit or miss depending on which case manager you get. Hopefully the ops case manager calls me back. You would think if they are willing to opening an unsecured card for someone with a secured, that I could pc a unsecured journey rewardscard to a cash rewards. We will see though

With cap1 it's definitely WHO you talk to. I did it over "Chat Now" and the original CSR I got was very helpful. I asked if they would consider PCing me in the future, and she immediately said "Would you like to add rewards to your card" I said yes and she transferred me to someone who got it all done in 5 minutes, answered all my questions, and sent me on my way. However, I've asked some CSRs questions over chat now and they just can't seem to get an answer no matter what. 

Message 37 of 44
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@ficojoe wrote:

Social called me today and told me that I need to wait 45 days and ask again. They said they cannot PC from the secured card, but they would be able to open another account and close the secured. But, still, they said wait 45 days before doing that. He said that he would like to help and these are policies programmed into the computer, not something he is capable of overriding. 

It's awesome that they called you today! I wonder how they were able to add Cash Rewards to my account, if things can't be overridden? I mean i have the zero interest till september on my account and was still able to get Cash Rewards, so they had to override something to do that since no one else could do that for me. It is good that you guys are trying this out and at least the person that talked to you didn't say they couldn't help you at all, so it sounds prommising after that 45 day wait.

The rep told me that if it was a rule or ususal procedure, that can have an exception made in certian cases. Then he said there were other issues that the computer controls and there is no way to make an exception. Perhaps he didn't know what he was talking about or perhaps this applies to secured cards only?

Message 38 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I really doubt theyll pc a secured. Do you only have 1 cap1 card or two?
if you only have one then you can just app for another card. They gave me a 3k limit no AF without any credit history.
Message 39 of 44
linux007969
Established Contributor

Today I got my letter in the mail confirming the "change to my rewards program" Saying I now have No Hassle Cash Rewards. I also got a Q&A sheet about the program. The way they did this is strange but at lest I now get 1% Cash Back! 

On a side note today I got an unsolisited pre approved offer from First Premier for a Platinum Mastercard with a $700 CL, $175 AF & $525 initial credit line.... That junk is going in da shredder for sure, I'm not falling for that scam! lol.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.