cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Upgrade - What Am I Missing?

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Upgrade - What Am I Missing?

@Trudy, the link isn't as reliable as a phone call or chat. If you have multiple cards, it tends to choose one while disregarding the others. Back during the time Savor PCs were being offered, those wouldn't appear via the link at all.

Have you been using the card? If you're not using it each and every month, you're unlikely to see an upgrade offer. If you use it each and every month, your chances improve. I was able to upgrade two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months of usage. Besides using the card, make sure you call in every month to check on offers.

Message 11 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Welcome to the world of Cap1 bucketing

My Cap1s are 15 yrs old and no CLIs for years. Luckily I was able tp PC them to non-AF cards a few years ago. I feel your pain

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 12 of 13
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Welcome to the world of Cap1 bucketing

My Cap1s are 15 yrs old and no CLIs for years. Luckily I was able tp PC them to non-AF cards a few years ago. I feel your pain

Yeah.  I'm aware with 4 accounts between 16+ to 24 yrs.  From bottom scores to top.  It doesn't seem to matter with C1.  Spend spend spend may be the answer.  They did let me in the club and as noted above, I guess I can rationalize getting the AF back on 1.5%.  I've recently been trying the spend thing with C1 to see what will happen.  I've been given minimal increases trying that but no ability to get a product change yet.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.