Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture CLI

Just had a very confusing interaction with Cap One Customer Service today. I requested a CLI on my Venture One card approximately 3 weeks ago and heard nothing. When I called today, they advised me that because I had a fraud alert as well as freezes on all 3 of my CR's, they were unable to process my request. This was strange as two other CLI's for my other Cap One cards were recently approved after only answering security questions to unlock the fraud alerts. The rep seemed confused and for some reason, advised me that Cap One offfers Transunion credit tracker. I don't know what this had to do with anything I was asking, but I advised her that I was well aware of this feature and inquired as to why, if Cap One provides this info to their customers and they are well aware of the info being provided, why can't they use said info to authorize a CLI. She seemed perplexed at the question. With this, I advised her that although this is the Cap One card I use most, I will now limit my use of the card which carries a measly $3000 limit as I see no reason to spend a fee unlocking my three freezes when there was no guarantee of a CLI.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Just had a very confusing interaction with Cap One Customer Service today. I requested a CLI on my Venture One card approximately 3 weeks ago and heard nothing. When I called today, they advised me that because I had a fraud alert as well as freezes on all 3 of my CR's, they were unable to process my request. This was strange as two other CLI's for my other Cap One cards were recently approved after only answering security questions to unlock the fraud alerts. The rep seemed confused and for some reason, advised me that Cap One offfers Transunion credit tracker. I don't know what this had to do with anything I was asking, but I advised her that I was well aware of this feature and inquired as to why, if Cap One provides this info to their customers and they are well aware of the info being provided, why can't they use said info to authorize a CLI. She seemed perplexed at the question. With this, I advised her that although this is the Cap One card I use most, I will now limit my use of the card which carries a measly $3000 limit as I see no reason to spend a fee unlocking my three freezes when there was no guarantee of a CLI.

If there were able to do it for your 2 other cards, I suggest you call back and speak with someone else.  They may also not be doing this - giving CLI because you probably don't qualify for a CLI yet on your Venture.

i say this because if you got CLIs with your reports frozen, it was because it was time for an increase... Remmeber, some people have gotten a CLI early on their Venture while others haven't.

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The last two CLI's on the other cards were the result a CLI request. I could understand if they were just automatic courtesy increases, but I specifically requested them and a rep called me directly to ask me security questions to unlock the alerts. I never had to unfreeze my reports for these CLI's.

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The last two CLI's on the other cards were the result a CLI request. I could understand if they were just automatic courtesy increases, but I specifically requested them and a rep called me directly to ask me security questions to unlock the alerts. I never had to unfreeze my reports for these CLI's.

How long have you had the Venture card if you don't mind me asking?

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 months

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

9 months

Did you PC to the Venture?  The reason being the Venture Starts at $5,000 CL and the Venture One starts at the lower limit than $5,000. What other CAP 1 cards do you have?

The only way to get a higher limit with CAP 1 is to apply for a fresh Venture.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Spark Visa Business card and a Platinum Master Card. Would they be able to convert my Venture One into a Venture card?

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Spark Visa Business card and a Platinum Master Card. Would they be able to convert my Venture One into a Venture card?

So it is the Venture One you have then.  The title is confusing a bit.  Anyway, they won't be able to convert your Venture One to a Venture now as the starting limit for the Venture has to be $5,000.

If you really want the Venture, you may have to apply for a fresh card.

Message 8 of 30
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

cold app for a 10k Venture

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I should wait until I have a year under my belt with the Venture One before I do that? I don't want to push my luck with asking for too much of an increase in such a short period of time. Plus, it's another hard pull I can't afford.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.