Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture TSA Precheck Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture TSA Precheck Question

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice! Thanks for your detailed response! I did check the Spam folder and it unfortunately is not there. The lady suggested that too actually! I will let you know whether or not the credit is posted in a few weeks. If not, I'll let you know what they say too! Hopefully, it does so I won't have to keep calling them.

Oh wow, are you grandfathered into the $59/rate then? That's nice of them to do. A lot of other cards would just raise your price to whatever they are at. 

That's really strange how redemption for app and website differ in terms of what you can redeem points for in terms of transactions showing. Maybe you can report it to them about the bug? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a hard fix for them. 

I have definitetly heard good and bad stories about Capital One customer service. I'm happy that you have had a great experience though. Here's to hoping that I have the same ! Smiley Happy

Yes. Called in and confirmed that I will only have $59 annual fee, no increase. Another reason to like them. Smiley Happy

Oh and the other reason I like my Venture is that the limit is more than 4 times the limit of the PenFed card and more than 2 times the limit of my Paypal Card. 

Hope you enjoy yours!!!

Still waiting on Precheck email and wanted to provide an update. Hope you heard the good news about the 2 Capital One Miles to 1.5 Airline Partner Miles (2:1.5) that was on the news today! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did hear about the transfer partners for Cap 1. It’s a real Travis card now. Smiley Happy So glad I decided to keep my card after the first year and didn’t get rid of it! I hope your credit shows up soon! Keep me posted!

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I did hear about the transfer partners for Cap 1. It’s a real Travis card now. Smiley Happy So glad I decided to keep my card after the first year and didn’t get rid of it! I hope your credit shows up soon! Keep me posted!

Just wanted to keep you posted, at the 2 week mark but no notification or credit posted. Will be calling later today since that's what the rep said to do if I don't see notification. Will let you know the result!

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to keep you posted, at the 2 week mark but no notification or credit posted. Will be calling later today since that's what the rep said to do if I don't see notification. Will let you know the result!

Just called them. She insisted on me waiting for the 2 billing cycles. I then mentioned about the confirmation email and then she read whatever she had in front of her and said "oh, yeah let me check on that." She came back and said it is a known issue of people not receiving the email and to wait until mid-December. (my billing cycle ends then). 

Message 14 of 28
delaney1
Established Contributor

Did you ever get your credit? I paid for precheck today, and immediately got an email saying I will be reimbursed within two credit cycles.
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:
Did you ever get your credit? I paid for precheck today, and immediately got an email saying I will be reimbursed within two credit cycles.

Unfortunately not yet. It has been more than 2 weeks for me now. 2.5 weeks. I never got that email when I charged PreCheck. The rep said some people are having this problem and refuse to do anything for me until I wait the 2 billing cycles. I know most people get it at the 2 week mark when they receive the email. Here I am still waiting Smiley Sad.

I'm curious, what does your TSA precheck pending transaction say? Is it like "INDENTOGO-TSA PRECHECK?"

Message 16 of 28
delaney1
Established Contributor

Yes, that’s what my pending transaction says.
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Killskulls, 

Sorry I'm just getting back to you. But I've been really busy with the holidays. 

Now that I think of it, there may be something to the whole billing cycle thing. My billing cycle ends around the 25th or 26th of the month. I made my purcase on the 13th or 14th of the month. Maybe that is why my credit was applied in two weeks, i.e., I was close to my billing cycle?

Hang in there. I am sure your credit will be applied soon!

Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Killskulls, 

Sorry I'm just getting back to you. But I've been really busy with the holidays. 

Now that I think of it, there may be something to the whole billing cycle thing. My billing cycle ends around the 25th or 26th of the month. I made my purcase on the 13th or 14th of the month. Maybe that is why my credit was applied in two weeks, i.e., I was close to my billing cycle?

No worries! Enjoy your holidays and breaks while you can!!!! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!! I''ll be on the lookout when my next billing cycle ends again. I will keep you updated like usual Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Killskulls, 

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 7.21.14 PM.png

The credit is pending!!!! I guess it did automatically do it!! Yay!

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.