Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture X

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Venture X

@Creditplz wrote:

I want this now..... but I just got the Savor One on 08/23.... I believe cap1 has a 6 month rule.... right?.

Correct AFAIK (unless something changed recently).

Message 51 of 161
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

So, SUB is awarded after $10K in spend that needs to be completed in six months, or did I misunderstood something? 

You read that right!  But, I'm sure you could knock out the spend in two months...tops 💸 Passing on this one 😄

Looking at some of the pre-release photos, it almost looks like a Credit One CC, color-wise. Not that there's anything wrong with Credit One, but as has been mentioned elsewhere, I would've thought it would have a more alluring design for a pricey CC. 

Maybe this is as revolutionary as it gets for Capital One and their premium offerings. I wonder what kind of limits they'd be dishing out with this one 🤔

At least they now have "Almost Travel Card" 

Cannot wait for Venture Y

Maybe even Venture Z?

I mean, Altitude Reserve, Go, Connect from our friends... the Sockies.  Capital One's marketing department may just be focused on single letters? 😂

I am actually waiting on the AMEX OPTIO Card.....if it ever happens, CAP1 might be on Venture Z by the time AMEX pulls the trigger.

Message 52 of 161
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Venture X question(s)

So as most people know, CAP1 is opening application tomorrow, 11.09.2021 for their new Venture X Travel card. Couple of questions: 1) Does any one know what, if any, their internal limits are across the board? I have a Venture card with a CL of $48K since it was first offered, has to be like 5+ years I am thinking, so wonder if I might be at the max limit. 2) Anyone know the CR they use? Been so long since I applied with them I have no idea which one in case I decide to pull the trigger and apply, need to unfreeze.
Message 53 of 161
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture X question(s)

I don't think anyone could give you an answer on your first question. Especially for a new product that isn't even out yet. 😉

As for your second question, Capital One pulls all 3 bureaus for any and all (new) Credit applications, including the cobranded Walmart card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 54 of 161
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@merlinflex wrote:
So as most people know, CAP1 is opening application tomorrow, 11.09.2021 for their new Venture X Travel card. Couple of questions: 1) Does any one know what, if any, their internal limits are across the board? I have a Venture card with a CL of $48K since it was first offered, has to be like 5+ years I am thinking, so wonder if I might be at the max limit. 2) Anyone know the CR they use? Been so long since I applied with them I have no idea which one in case I decide to pull the trigger and apply, need to unfreeze.

@merlinflex- echoing the comment above, internal limits are very profile-dependent with Capital One. No one knows for sure what that secret sauce is. As far as which CR, make sure all 3 are thawed if you intend on applying. Capital One is very well-known for their triple-whipple so they'll HP each one.

Message 55 of 161
Hex
Valued Contributor

What time do you think they'll start processing apps? 12:01 am?

Message 56 of 161
sjt
Senior Contributor

@practical1 wrote:

@sjt

Agree in spades!

Quick update:  I pulled the pin on me 3 X CLI for the Marriott Bonvoy Business Card -- and got it today -- so that one's off the table.  Still facing the decision as to where to most profitably spend my precious HP.  Still weighing whether PenFed for a no-annual fee card with a single EQ HP might not make more sense than the Venture X, net net.  Now that we've been hashing out the pros and cons for a few days, does anyone have new thoughts on this particular decision for me?

Have you checked the pre-approval section of PenFed to see if you have any offers? 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 57 of 161
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Hex wrote:

What time do you think they'll start processing apps? 12:01 am?

Just keep tapping F5 until the "apply now" button shows up.

Message 58 of 161
sjt
Senior Contributor

@PointsBonus I don't think there will be an "Optio" Card. Those rumors were based in part on the Card Supplier Vendor List that showed two slots for the card that folks thought it was a mask for a new product, ie Optio. Turns out they were for the two Centurion Art Cards.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 59 of 161
practical1
Regular Contributor

@sjt 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I wasn't aware that PenFed had a prequal site.  Would you happen to have the link handy?

Message 60 of 161
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.