cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture app'rs...scores and approval?

tag
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Venture app'rs...scores and approval?

I'm pretty sure this is the best travel card for what fits my travel style: Multiple airlines, multiple hotels. 

I know you need "excellent credit", and according to their explanation of that, I'm fine. But I wanted to get some comparisons of other's profiles to see if I should bother applying.

Here are the major things for me, as of today's reports:

AAoA: ~6 years (according to TU)

Oldest Account: 11 years

INQ: EX-7, EQ-4, TU-2 

New accounts

NFCU Platinum: 3/11, 5k limit, but was raised to 15k this month, won't update CRA until about 7/10/11...

Amex Blue Cash Preferred: 5/11, 11.5k limit.

TowneBank secured 6-month note: 3/11, 17k. Interest only installment loan ($89/mo). 

No collections, last baddie was 4.5 years ago (30day late student loan)

One 60 day late, from a co-signed account 6 years ago.

Utilization is around 7%, before you count my 10k CLI from NFCU.

Other Notable Revolving Accounts:

Wells Fargo Platinum: 6.5k limit, 4.5 years old.

Chase Platinum: 2k limit. 3.5 years old.

HHI: 120K

Also, I have a 10 year old Capital One Platinum account. Was $700CL for the longest time, and for most of that period I carried a near max balance. I paid it down last fall, and in December, I got a 3k CLI. So I now have a 3.7k Capital one card that I have been using to max and paying down to 9% for the last 6 months. 

So, should I pull the trigger? Should I wait for NFCU to update the CL? Should I try improving my scores? (see sig)

I have a second BMWFS account that will probably start reporting soon...first payment is in July. Thought it might be good to app before it reports.

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture app'rs...scores and approval?

They will pull from all 3 CRA, have you tried Capital One Prequalify link to see which cards you prequalify for? if Ventures shows you have a pretty good chance

Message 2 of 25
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I know its a 3-pull, which is why I'm going through the extra effort of checking this out. Not a ton of information on this card here in the forums.

I don't think I've ever had an offer should up with their pre-qual. I think I get an occasional mailing for a second Cash Rewards card, but I don't really recall...The Amex was not a pre-qual, but I had an approval within a minute. 

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 3 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

Message 4 of 25
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I've used it a couple times over the last two weeks

What's in my wallet?

Message 5 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

Did Venture show up? if so I say yur chances are very good, I will wait for someone else to reply though, I am thinking about calling myself and see if I can PC to Venture

I have reada couple of sucess stories

Message 6 of 25
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

No, I've never had a preapproval offer pop up

What's in my wallet?

Message 7 of 25
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Come on Venture users, what was your profile when apping?

What's in my wallet?

Message 8 of 25
john398
Senior Contributor

Odd I am the only one replying, have you checked whogavemecredit.com people list scores there

Message 9 of 25
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

The new promotion is very tempting ($250 in travel rewards after spending $1,000 in 3 months) on the blue Venture card.

I would love more information about this as well.

I know my boss got one not too long ago per my suggestion.  But her FICO's are all over 820, mine are not, lol.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.