Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture compromise- Fraud

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture compromise

@core wrote:

A crook would have to be a complete idiot to use a stolen credit card at his own place of employment, even at a machine in the break room.  Is it possible the bottling plant owns some machines throughout the city and that's how the charges code?  That would be a safe place to try out a new card.

I didn't know anything about Victoria's Secret and information sharing.  I've had their card for 9-10 years and haven't been hassled by anyone... except for THEM.  The 3x daily emails get annoying.  I'm a man too, azguy, but I still shop there.  Mainly just to keep my card open.  If you get a $3.99 deal and combine that with the standard Comenity low balance writeoff, only costs $2 for something once every 6 months.  Yeah, I had to take up wearing bras, but that's a small price to pay for keeping up my AAoA.  And the full-colour catalogs are nice.

I have never heard of this...  They don't hold this against a consumer when it comes to CLI?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 21 of 26
core
Valued Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:

I have never heard of this...  They don't hold this against a consumer when it comes to CLI?

Comenity doesn't seem to, as they have given me modest CLIs over time.  But who can say for sure.  I can say that on my Sportsman's Guide I've done absolutely no activity besides charge "free money" on it since day 1 and they're still giving me CLIs.  If a card issuer refused CLIs (or even handed out decreases) every time a customer was grossly unprofitable, all my limits would be at $100.

I've never worried about it much.  Money is better than a CLI.  And even my starting Victoria's line was fine with my anyway.  If I spend more than $500 in a month on bras and panties, I need to be placed in an institution.  Hopefully one that allows cross-dressing.

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think we're OT here and it's probably not the best idea to advise other forum members to do this with Comenity cards. Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 26
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

So sorry to hear your CC was compromised Hum! Smiley Sad I can totally relate to your frustration and feelings of violation. Glad that Cap1 is rushing you a new card, and fingers crossed it doesn't affect your combo in a few days.

Hope you're feeling better!

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, LadyJ, I really appreciate your kind words and compassion! Still moving along pretty slowly with a fever but taking tomorrow off work to get some rest and recover. Had to go in today but it didn't benefit me any to do so.

I too am hoping for a successful combination at the end of this month. Have a very nice evening Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I am now having difficulty combining my 3 Capital one cards (Venture and two Quicksilvers). All 3 cards are eligible and in good standing, and the two cards I wish to fold in have zero balances.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the recent account compromise, as I was issued a new Venture and activated it 3 days ago. All 3 accounts show as linked online. Capital One isn't very helpful in terms of being able to assist when account combination isn't working, sadly. Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.