Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart Migration LIVE

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Walmart Migration LIVE

@RootDet wrote:

The one thing i am curious if we can upgrade our cards. I have a $20k limit but still, have the store card. Would love if Cap one extended a visa/mc/whatever version. It is my only "store" card. :-\

Of course Cap one might come around and due mass CLD's, so we shall see. 

My store card has a $10k CL and I've had it since 2012. I never wanted  a Walmart MC/Visa because it would be a new account, with no benefit for taking the hit for a new account - no SUB, intro 0%, etc. And it has to be a new account because a MC/Visa can't have the same account # as the store card. And for the Cap One Walmart MC the only additional benefit is 2% for dining & travel and 1% anywhere else, I have better rewards than that on other cards. I'll stick with the store card, thanks. If applying for a Walmart card for the first time then yeah, might as well get the MC, but Cap One seems to be pushing the MC anyway, I saw someone here post they were approved for the MC with a $300 CL.

And everything is working fine on Cap One this morning - available credit and pending transaction from last Friday that weren't there yesterday are there this morning. Good work Synchrony & Capital One, the transition mus have been a huge undertaking!

Message 21 of 89
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

I am having an issue. I made transactions with my card yesterday and they are not showing on capital one website, I also made transactions today and they are showing as pending. Not sure why yesterday one's are not showing as pending or deducted from available credit.

Did anyone use their card yesterday and see the transactions ?

Thanks,

Message 22 of 89
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@patoot10 wrote:

I am having an issue. I made transactions with my card yesterday and they are not showing on capital one website, I also made transactions today and they are showing as pending. Not sure why yesterday one's are not showing as pending or deducted from available credit.

Did anyone use their card yesterday and see the transactions ?

Thanks,

Congrats on your free shopping trips! Smiley LOL

I see you have the Walmart MC - did you make the purchases at a Walmart or elsewhere? On my store card I notice store purchases are slow to post, it takes 1-2 biz days for them to even show up as pending. My store purchase last Friday didn't show up until this morning as pending on CapOne, give it another day or two and I'm sure yours will show up.

Message 23 of 89
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

I do have the MC and I made Amazon transactions on the 13th and they are not showing as pending.

Yesterday transactions are there. I think it will show up as posted. Fingers crossed.

Message 24 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Walmart cards launching Sep 24th

Has anyone's WM cards shown up in their Cap1 online? It's supposed to start today but mine is MIA so far.

Message 25 of 89
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@patoot10 wrote:

I do have the MC and I made Amazon transactions on the 13th and they are not showing as pending.

Yesterday transactions are there. I think it will show up as posted. Fingers crossed.

I rarely shop Amazon any more, but as I recall Amazon doesn't charge the card until the order ships? And I assume you mean your Amazon transactions were on the 12th, Saturday?

Message 26 of 89
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Understood.

I just checked capital one website and the missing charge is showing. I am guessing those transactions happened in the middle of the migration so they may have been showing on Synchrony's end and the info got transferred later. Overall I think the transition was smooth and nice.

I also called Capital One and requested a replacement card that way I don't have to wait until next year to get it. It helps to have the correct number on the back of your card to call if there is an issue.

Thanks,

Message 27 of 89
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Walmart cards launching Sep 24th

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone's WM cards shown up in their Cap1 online? It's supposed to start today but mine is MIA so far.

My account didn't show up automatically either, so just followed these steps -

if multiple accounts choose one
click "i want to"
under account settings

click "link accounts"

follow prompts

Hope this helps!

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 28 of 89
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Make sure y'all go in and check the auto pay.
Set it up yesterday. Today it shows where it would have deducted for the last statement. That statement has already been paid last week.

If I hadn't cancelled that payment
They'd deducted the same amount again next month.
Hopefully everything will fall in place once the next statement cuts.
So far both CCs have retained their original limits. $49.5k on one and $15k on the Walmart CC.
Message 29 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

My former Sych WMMC migrated this morning no issues... as others, I signed in to my existing account (I already have a Cap1 QS and Cap1 Platinum) and the system autodetected my WM card... so I added it..  Now it shows up on the Cap1 homepage with both of my other Cap1 cards just fine..

I did have a $35 credit balance on my former SynchWMMC due to a return I made early in October (but had already PIFed the underlying purchase), but that credit also migrated to Cap1 today as well.. I was thinking that Synch might have chosen to cut me a paper check for this $35 before the migration.. I've had a prior case with a small sub$5 credit showing up on my Cap1 Platinum card and because I didn't use it within a few months, they auto-cut me a check for that credit balance and zeroed out the account.

What I did do online (and was able to do) was to change my due date to match as closely to what I had before... and matches both of my other Cap1 cards.  I will request a new Cap1WMMC soon, but haven't done so yet.

Like others, I made a few purchases over the weekend, On Oct11 and Oct 13.. those don't appear on the Cap1 platform yet, but I do see them in my WMPay app purchase history/receipt section... So, I bet it's just a matter of time before all that data migrates over..

Overall, so far, this migration has been smooth and painless and I like the fact that I now I have one less creditor to deal with as far as linking my CU bank account to and have to deal with.. I think I did it right in that I requested (and received) a few CLIs -- while it was still held by Synchrony -- in the months leading up to the announced migration, in that this account is just under 1 year old and started out at only $500, but through 3 seperate CLI requests, it's now at $2,000..

Message 30 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.