Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart cards launching Sep 24th

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Walmart cards launching Sep 24th

What surprises me, is the no FTF on the MC version! Considering it's a no AF product. This means that I can actually use it at a Walmart outside the U.S. If I ever saw one.

I like the 5% on Walmart.com, I shop on their website more than I go to a physical store. Only because there are none locally. And even then I only put a few Hundred yearly. Nothing to probably add up in points.

2% in store after introductory period is a bummer, as I do occasionally shop there on my way through the City. However, it would be more beneficial to shop online instead. Though not all grocery items are available for that. lol 

I also like the versatilty for rewards redemption. Since I already have the MC I'll consider it a nice improvement, but I likely wouldn't app for it if I didn't. Already have enough cards that offer similar rewards structure.

What I didn't see, was mention of 0% offer promos that SYNCH used to run periodically. 

I would have thought that they would have thought a little outside the box on categories with a quasi new product, considering both Companies aspire to be innovative. Restaraunts and Travel? This is somwhat in competition with the Savor and Venture.

Message 21 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5% Cash Back with Cap One Walmart Mastercard

@MakingProgress wrote:
... my concern is that they will subsititue items on me. 

They will substitute, but as was said upthread, only with your approval. I regularly profit on the substitutions -- they always give better value for same price (ie, $5 tube of shaving cream replaced by $10 shaving cream brand, but pay only $5; or order pint of strawberries for $2 but they're out of pints, so given quart of strawberries for same $2 cost).

Yesterday they were out of stock on my order for 24oz blueberries ($5.98) so manager authorized GIVING me three 6oz containers. Plus if you regularly write reviews (I do) they give out lots of treats -- candy, fruit, lunchbox treats, plasticware, bottled water for the ride home, etc, etc. Then there's the $10 off coupons, offers for free delivery, and excellent complaint management. I'm a fan.

I was happy with the 3% off. The extra 2% is gravy.

Message 22 of 104
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thing is that between Discover, Freedom and Navy Member Mall, Walmart.com and grocery pickup are covered at 5% for most of the year anyhow. The Walmart in-store is my only need, and that for just 3/4 of the year.

Pass.

Message 23 of 104
Raisondetre
Contributor

I'll probably come out of the garden for it now that Cap One is taking over. Walmart is the only choice I have here in my town, so the card would be put to good use, at least for the first year.
Most Used
Amex Hilton Honors Aspire - $30K
Amex Hilton Honors Business - $10K
Amex Amazon Prime Business - $12.4K

Used sparingly or in sock drawer
X1 Visa - $27K
PenFed Gold Visa - $9K
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $5K
Care Credit - $20K
Walmart Mastercard - $2K
Tractor Supply card - $6K
Amazon Prime Synchrony Card - $10K
Home Depot card - $12K
PNC Points - $13K
FNBO Evergreen - $2.8k
Discover It Chrome - $2.8K
Discover it Cash Back - $1K
FNBO Visa Signature - $1K
Commence Bank Special Connections - $2K
WF Reflect - $4K

Fico scores September 2023
Equifax - 786
Experian - 770
Transunion - 776
Had scores in the 500s 5 years ago
Message 24 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I humbly admit that if I decide to get rid of my Amex Gold next summer (big 'if' there) I might consider the WM card for grocery pickup. 

Once the first-year promo is over there will be better options for shopping inside the store, of course. 

Also, I suspect at some point they will add a service charge for grocery pickup (there's a place for it now, although it's set to $0) and if/once they start that I'll only need a card for inside shopping, anyway.

The 5% in store is great even if it’s just the 1st year. I wonder if this counts towards Cap ones limit of only having a maximum of 2 prime cards since I already have the Savor and QS.

Message 25 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I humbly admit that if I decide to get rid of my Amex Gold next summer (big 'if' there) I might consider the WM card for grocery pickup. 

Once the first-year promo is over there will be better options for shopping inside the store, of course. 

Also, I suspect at some point they will add a service charge for grocery pickup (there's a place for it now, although it's set to $0) and if/once they start that I'll only need a card for inside shopping, anyway.

My thoughts exactly! Although, I am 100% closing my Gold next month. The Airline credit becoming difficult to use was the icing on the cake for me.

Edit: Sorry about the double reply it wouldn’t let me delete my other post.

Message 26 of 104
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Finally! I was wondering when Walmart will get a half decent card. I always liked buying tires online from them and then have their Tire & Lube handle the install. I still think the 2% on in-store is a joke but it is at least a considerable improvement over the 1% laughing fest before. With Capital One's systems it might be a better idea over the PayPal 2% Cashback MasterCard but I have to see what offers they have. I hate Walmart Pay as it takes 15min to load and I require paper receipts but I hope the offer is extended for those that are being transferred from Synchrony Bank.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 27 of 104
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

The 5% in store is great even if it’s just the 1st year. I wonder if this counts towards Cap ones limit of only having a maximum of 2 prime cards since I already have the Savor and QS.

It shouldn't as this is likely to be treated just like any of the other PLCCs they currently manage such as Cabela's, GM BuyPower, PlayStation, etc. 

Message 28 of 104
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@zerofire wrote:

Finally! I was wondering when Walmart will get a half decent card. I always liked buying tires online from them and then have their Tire & Lube handle the install. I still think the 2% on in-store is a joke but it is at least a considerable improvement over the 1% laughing fest before. With Capital One's systems it might be a better idea over the PayPal 2% Cashback MasterCard but I have to see what offers they have. I hate Walmart Pay as it takes 15min to load and I require paper receipts but I hope the offer is extended for those that are being transferred from Synchrony Bank.

If you want to take advantage of a promo that requires WM pay but need a paper receipt, just drop a coin into the self-checkout (any coin, even a penny will work), then pay the balance with WM pay.  You'll be given a paper receipt. Smiley Wink

(This works with a cashier as well, just be sure to pay your penny/nickel before paying with WM pay.)

Message 29 of 104
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
Better get on the phone with CS then for that $25K MC! 😝

Better yet, ..Just borrow @Mahraja's  $55K  "Wally World Card"Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.