Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart cards launching Sep 24th

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Walmart cards launching Sep 24th

@kilroy8 wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

Tempting, but I wish the 5% for Walmart stores are not just for the first 12 months, as that is the primary appeal of Walmart to me. If I want online, I'd just shop at Amazon. Introductory Offer periods bother me a lot.

+1

If it were a always 5% at Walmart in-store card, it would entice me out of the garden in January (after Freedom quarter ends). But 2% won't.

Grandma "Ruby" ..Always Complaining!Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 104
Poppa
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

...What I didn't see, was mention of 0% offer promos that SYNCH used to run periodically...

Oh yeah, financing. I didn't even notice that, and that was the main reason I got the card. The problem was always that you had to use it in-store. The amount of items they sale in-store that are expensive enough to finance are few. I used it for my tv a few years ago. I could find plenty of big priced items online I would finance. Having the Fico score was nice too.

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 32 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a card that is supposed to compete with Amazon, this really didn't sweep me off my feet.

Message 33 of 104
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

I am stoked because I do all my Walmart shopping online. I'm hoping they give a bump to migrating cardholders to further sweeten the deal!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 34 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if I will be able to stack up these points with the Venture card

Message 35 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Synchrony Walmart store card (with its tiny limit) was one of the first "real" cards I was approved for after my credit meltdown last year. I have a special fondness for this card. Heart

The new rewards sound fine and definitely are an improvement. I regularly shop on Walmart.com, so 5% off works for me. Even 2% off in-store doesn't sound that bad—it's my understanding that most cards don't categorize Walmart as "groceries" (even if you buy groceries) so I wouldn't get 3%-5% off my Walmart groceries when I use a card that offers cashback on groceries... so 2% is still better than 1%. 

Message 36 of 104
codefreak13
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know how cap one manages account history when transferring on credit reports? Do they keep history or do BS like sync does and close old acct/open new one? I'd imagine they'll keep it since acct #s are staying the same? Have a 10k sync line but Def not looking to keep it open if it'll report as a new acct.
Message 37 of 104
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Any idea if CapitalOne will upgrade store cards with high CL’s to the MC version? 

Guyatthebeach

Message 38 of 104
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Will the card show on cap 1 login if someone has other cards with cap1 wen the transfer happens ?
Message 39 of 104
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Any idea if CapitalOne will upgrade store cards with high CL’s to the MC version? 

Guyatthebeach

It is not known at this time.   This is one of those instances that will need to be revisited at some point once the Walmart portfolio has been with Capital One for 9-12 months

Message 40 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.