Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart cards launching Sep 24th

tag
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Walmart cards launching Sep 24th

@Jccflat wrote:
Will the card show on cap 1 login if someone has other cards with cap1 wen the transfer happens ?

The letter I received today mentions this, yes, you should see the walmart account on your landing page. Those who don't have an existing capital one account will need to set up a new online account. 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 41 of 104
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jccflat wrote:
Will the card show on cap 1 login if someone has other cards with cap1 wen the transfer happens ?

That's fairly possible as previous consolidated online platforms have occurred with the GM BuyPower and Cabela's CCs, for example.

Message 42 of 104
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@codefreak13 wrote:
Does anyone know how cap one manages account history when transferring on credit reports? Do they keep history or do BS like sync does and close old acct/open new one? I'd imagine they'll keep it since acct #s are staying the same? Have a 10k sync line but Def not looking to keep it open if it'll report as a new acct.

From prior CC acquisitions, it appears they do.  That's been the case with Cabela's, BassPro, and the Saks single-account platform conversion.  Now, what remains to be seen is whether the account numbers will remain the same.

Message 43 of 104
althes
Frequent Contributor

I hope the account numbers remain the same.

So is anyone with a Walmart store card going to apply for the capital one walmart mc.

Message 44 of 104
B_Slow1
New Contributor

As someone who puts a lot of spend each month through Walmart.com, I'm very happy to be receiving an extra 2% for those transactions. I haven't tried buying groceries at Walmart yet, but getting 5% back on that as well incentivizes me to give it a try.

I was concerned that Walmart/Capital One would find a way to make things more complicated for customers, like having different cash back amounts for different categories, or putting a cap on spend. So as of right now, this works out well for me. I am kinda surprised they didn't want to try to match Target by giving 5% in-store as well. 2% at Restaurants is a strange addition that doesn't really make up for that.

Message 45 of 104
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@codefreak13 wrote:
Does anyone know how cap one manages account history when transferring on credit reports? Do they keep history or do BS like sync does and close old acct/open new one? I'd imagine they'll keep it since acct #s are staying the same? Have a 10k sync line but Def not looking to keep it open if it'll report as a new acct.

From prior CC acquisitions, it appears they do.  That's been the case with Cabela's, BassPro, and the Saks single-account platform conversion.  Now, what remains to be seen is whether the account numbers will remain the same.

+1

I know it's not the same, but FWIW when Capital One took over my HSBC accounts back in 2013 all the history carried over; I even have a closed HSBC Discover card account number with full history under the Capital One name.

Message 46 of 104
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

So let me understand this, since us existing cardholders are not "new" we don't get the 5% offer I assume?

If that's the case this card's new place is the shredder for me.

Message 47 of 104
B_Slow1
New Contributor

@atst2000 wrote:

So let me understand this, since us existing cardholders are not "new" we don't get the 5% offer I assume?

If that's the case this card's new place is the shredder for me.

According to TechCrunch, existing cardholders will also get the 5% in-store discount for the first 12 months.

Message 48 of 104
Kailef

I wonder what kind of score you'll need to qualify for it.

Message 49 of 104
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I feel like a card like this should have been out years ago like the target and Amazon cards lol.
Message 50 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.