Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Walmart

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Walmart

Does anybody know if you can have both a CO Walmart Rewards MC and a regular CO Walmart store card at the same time? I already have a CO Walmart Rewards but would like to get the regular store card as well. CO has been showing me lots of love lately I just don't know if this is worth trying. They "consider" you for their Walmart Rewards MC but if you don't get approved you might end up with just the store card. Since I have the MC, does that mean I can the store card, too?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Walmart

I think you have a good shot at it for two reasons:

1. I have two CapOne/Menards cards in my name

2. Under the terms it says you can't have more than Capital One 5 accounts, and couldn't have applied within the last 30 days. 

It doesn't say if you already have a WM card. If for some reason they don't want you to have another WM card because you already have one then they probably won't bother pulling your credit. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see why not for the reasons mentioned in above post. 

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anybody know if you can have both a CO Walmart Rewards MC and a regular CO Walmart store card at the same time? I already have a CO Walmart Rewards but would like to get the regular store card as well. CO has been showing me lots of love lately I just don't know if this is worth trying. They "consider" you for their Walmart Rewards MC but if you don't get approved you might end up with just the store card. Since I have the MC, does that mean I can the store card, too?

Yes, it is possible. I had both when Walmart transitioned from Synchrony to Capital One,  though of course i started with store card then got the Mastercard. I have since closed the store card. Honestly , with the MC i really  dont believe you need the store card.  Save your 3 hps for a different card that can be better used elsewhere. 

Message 4 of 13
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

^this. Is there a reason you want both? 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted both so I could have a little more avail. credit. Just trying to fatten up a bit before I garden Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted both so I could have a little more avail. credit. Just trying to fatten up a bit before I garden Smiley Happy

I can understand but Cap One is no Synchrony. Odds are favorable that youd apply , for 3hps, and get $300sl. I have yet to see any huge increases on anyone's Cap 1 Walmart since the transition. Unlike Synchrony you could start at $300 and within a year have it at 15k. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow well thank you for the info I had no idea! Cap 1 is a mixed bag for me- while they may be conservative in their CLIs, they were the only one to take a chance on me with a couple of dings, one I was responsible for the other the result of a terrible divorce & my ex stealing my identity. :/  

I'll always be grateful to them for that.

Synchrony still won't touch me, and I never burned them. Weird. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I was just trying to fatten up a bit before I garden Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@TattnallTrio wrote:

I think you have a good shot at it for two reasons:

1. I have two CapOne/Menards cards in my name

2. Under the terms it says you can't have more than Capital One 5 accounts, and couldn't have applied within the last 30 days. 

It doesn't say if you already have a WM card. If for some reason they don't want you to have another WM card because you already have one then they probably won't bother pulling your credit. 

I have a store card, transitioned from Synchrony. I tried for the Mastercard from capital one, was denied for already having a Walmart card (stated reason on screen when I applied, never got a letter); they (Capital One) pulled a credit report from Equifax, Experian, Transunion & Sagestream.

I won't be asking again as it seems ridiculous to me that a company would check outside sources before checking its internal system for denial reasons, and then deny over internal reasons. 

As always YMMV 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.