Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One World MC

tag
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Capital One World MC

Hello All -

Who would I speak with in order to get my Platinum MC to the World MC?  I've practically tried everything from phone support to EO.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
newUser0
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One World MC

Apply with other lenders

Message 2 of 9
mxp114
Valued Contributor

The only way seems to be via a PC which triggers an account review for card association upgrades.

Message 3 of 9
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

The only way seems to be via a PC which triggers an account review for card association upgrades.

That was my thought process too, but I already have the QuickSilver.  Unfortunately, I converted it prior to having the minimum 5K credit limit for a World card.  I don't think they have another card worth converting to (I could be wrong).  Smiley Indifferent  This sucks.

Message 4 of 9
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

@Drew wrote:

@mxp114 wrote:

That was my thought process too, but I already have the QuickSilver.  Unfortunately, I converted it prior to having the minimum 5K credit limit for a World card.  I don't think they have another card worth converting to (I could be wrong).  Smiley Indifferent  This sucks.

I have had this same problem in tryign to upgrade to the world mastercard, but Capital One won't budge. I'm going to call in in three months time and try again

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 5 of 9
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I got mine through a PC to Quicksilver as well. Sorry to hear they won't work with ya.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 6 of 9
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

They were able to PC my card to quicksilver, and increase my limit from 750.00 to 2,500.00, but zero justification as for why they couldn't raise the limit any higher than that was given 

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 7 of 9
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@espnjunkie wrote:

They were able to PC my card to quicksilver, and increase my limit from 750.00 to 2,500.00, but zero justification as for why they couldn't raise the limit any higher than that was given 

I really don't know how their decision process works.

Message 8 of 9
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I had a 5k platinum Mastercard. When I asked to pc to the quicksilver I was automatically upgraded to the world mastercard. According to cap ones website, cap one doesn't seem to allow any new world cards to go over the limit anymore. Only cards that gave been grandfathered in. Not positive but something to consider.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.