Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One World Mastercard Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One World Mastercard Upgrade

It mostly means they can charge a higher swiping fee to the venders. That's why a lot of companies are "upgrading" cards to WEM and VS.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to see this on here as I wondered myself what it meant when I got the email. I ended up calling CSR to ask as I was concerned what would happen to my CB I racked up on my QS card. Whether or not you partake in the added benefits of WMC It's all good Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got message that im upgraded to WEMC, I really enjoy my CB from my QS. Will anythung change and how will the new card look?

Message 13 of 21
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

Darkknight.....what’s the credit limit on the card?
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 15 of 21
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Welcome, @Anonymous. Smiley Happy

The card will look the same except that it'll say World Elite Mastercard wherever it currently says Platinum. Also figure on a new 3-digit verification code and maybe a new expiration date.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
It means you can now use your card all over the WORLDSmiley Wink

Score!!! Can't wait for Amex to issue me a "world" card, HAHA! Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Huh. Wonder if they’re gonna do this for my Plat PC’d to QS. I’ve got an $8250 CL but no email yet. I guess we will see. I’ve had it for almost 5 years. 

Message 18 of 21
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

Saeren.....I’ve had my Cap1 Savor pc’d From plat to QS for 3 years. Still no email as well
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean if they don’t do it, it’s not the end of the world (SSFCU already gave me a World MasterCard and at 18% vs the 24.65% my Cap was at last I looked) nor would it encourage me to use the card when I have my 11.65% cashRewards with NFCU but it would be a nice gesture since they refuse to actually give me a decent APR reduction for more than 7 months at a time. I will save the rant though 😂 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.