Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One and Hotels.com to End 10X for Venture Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One and Hotels.com to End 10X for Venture Cards

According to Thrifty Traveler, Capital One won't extend the 10X Hotels.com bonus after January 31st, 2020 for the Capital One Venture and VentureOne cards. Now, I will have a useless VentureOne card since it was only used for Hotels.com stays. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One and Hotels.com to End 10X for Venture Cards

Whew, I'm glad I didn't follow through with this one, would have ended up with an almost usless card.

Message 2 of 9
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

☹️
Message 3 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That's unfortunate.
Message 4 of 9
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

According to Thrifty Traveler, Capital One won't extend the 10X Hotels.com bonus after January 31st, 2020 for the Capital One Venture and VentureOne cards. Now, I will have a useless VentureOne card since it was only used for Hotels.com stays. 

Same.  But I have gotten a lot of bang out of that 10x while it's lasted.  I'm going to try to squeeze in a couple more.  Bummer though.  

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@I_Love_Cards wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same.  But I have gotten a lot of bang out of that 10x while it's lasted.  I'm going to try to squeeze in a couple more.  Bummer though.  

Yes, it was great while it lasted. I have a couple bookings I need to do by next week too. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

meh, I think I used this a couple of times in the summer/fall 2018.  I PC'd my VentureOne to Quicksilver in December 2019.  Cap1 is getting closer and closer to SD.

Message 7 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

But to be fair this isn't a nerf.   The offer made it clear that the hotels.com x10 was valid until that date so potential applicants had to decide whether the HPs and new account hits were worth it for the x10 in that timeframe.  

Message 8 of 9
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But to be fair this isn't a nerf.   The offer made it clear that the hotels.com x10 was valid until that date so potential applicants had to decide whether the HPs and new account hits were worth it for the x10 in that timeframe.  

Yup. Agreed. If Cap One extends or strikes a deal with another partner to replace this benefit, it'd be great. But, they did put an expiration date on the promo from the beginning. I hope they come up with something new if the deal truly ends. 

CSR people might go through the same at the end of Lyft / Doordash promo depending on how much they value that vs added cost.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.