Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One changed Due Dates if your due date was the 23rd, 24th or 25th

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One changed Due Dates if your due date was the 23rd, 24th or 25th

I have to say I really appreciate Discover CSR. Dealing with Cap1 ESL agents is frustrating.

So I HUCA and received even less helpful information and some of it contraindicated what I was told yesterday.

My first instincts were correct: remove all auto pay from these cards and sock drawer them until this mess is sorted because my new dates (if they are correct) have auto pays hitting my card after the due date but before the statement closing date. Cap1 reports your balance on the closing date so I'm going to look like I'm carrying a balance even though I PIF.

Message 21 of 34
jata_roots
Valued Member

new here but noticed something odd was up since I made a few payments to my (one good standing) cap1 and haven’t seen any update in credit report since June. I’m still in credit repair mode but utilization was 107% I’m down to 60% right now and it still hasn’t updated. My due dates were always 27th. It’s now technically 8/4 and still no update, so the 3 day wait actually throws me off.
Message 22 of 34
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

FireMedic1, I was told it impacts only those with due dates of the 23rd, 24th and 25th.  Once this cycle passes I have the option for the 20th or 28th based for my location.  Apparently, depending on where you live determines your optional due dates.

Interesting. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm......Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 34
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Well I made the 3rd call and was told this time what was told to Morpho.... A cycle will be skipped and the new dates that were being shown on the website is the next due date.  So for me, nothing will be reported for what was suppose to report late July and not again until September as 3 of my cards new date is in early September, one is 8/28.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow that’s going to mess up a lot of people. 

I have my QS set to the 21st so it looks like I’m safe for now. 

Thats probably what Cap1 is banking on...that most folks dont notice it, and they end up being "late", cha ching! Late payment fees!

Naughty! You have a suspicious mind Smiley Happy A lender wouldn't do that?

Message 25 of 34
Trudy
Valued Contributor

jata_roots, the due dates impacted were stated to be only the 23rd, 24th and 25th.  "If" that information is true, you should be good and it should be reporting soon.  Although my close/statement dates were previously the 27th and the balance as of that date is what always reported, it took 3-5 days later on average for it to show up on the CB's per CK, WalletHub and MyFico.

Message 26 of 34
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Okay, just hold your breath for a month or so then breathe.  After Saturday's call (3rd one) I thought I had this figured out until I received notice today that my statement is ready for one of my accounts.  Based on this information I'll have to go back to my first statement regarding the "unmentioned" real statement cut date for this period.  This is the one that showed a new due date of 8/28.  And from what I was told Saturday there would be no statement or reporting until then.  Lies! Lies! Lies! as I got my statement today and the new due date of 8/28 now shows for that account only.  The others still show the old 7/24 due date but I expect those to change as I anticipate a statement in the next few days due to the "new" due date of 9/4 and 9/8, which actually means 8/4 and 8/8.

C1.png

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy wrote:

Okay, just hold your breath for a month or so then breath.  After yesterday's call (3rd one) I thought I had this figured out until I received notice today that my statement is ready for one of my accounts.  Based on this information I'll have to go back to my first statement regarding the "unmentioned" real statement cut date for this period.  This is the one that showed a new due date of 8/28.  And from what I was told yesterday there would be no statement or reporting until then.  Lies! Lies! Lies! as I got my statement today and the new due date of 8/28 now shows for that account only.  The others still show the old 7/24 due date but I expect those to change as I anticipate a statement in the next few days due to the "new" due date of 9/4 and 9/8, which actually means 8/4 and 8/8.

C1.png

Lol. Same here Trudy. I received a statement even though they said I would not (at least one of the calls). I’m waiting to see what happens with my other card. Should be next week if my notes from the 1st call are correct. I actually reallly like Cap1 but this change has not been handled well. This is nonsense.

Message 28 of 34
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Concur Morpho.  I kinda like C1 too with the exception of them not graduating my 2 starter cards, but they are my oldest.

I guess they didn't have a meeting and if so, no one listened because we count on CSR's to provide correct answers.  I just giggled when I typed "correct".  Could've sent a memo or something.....They could have just read from it and provided a consistent answer.  Other than CSR's not providing accurate information across the board, this is not really an issue for me since I'm not apping.  Just hope it doesn't mess things up for others.

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My statement cut on Aug 7, it originally cuts on 27th.  I got the same letter in the mail and the statement has a note in the "notice" section.  So for me, July statement was skipped.  I didn't call in to ask CS. The good news for me is that it posted a payment I made on the 4th so AZEO for August will be close.  That Cap1 card is at 8.93%.  It messes up my July utilizations but I will have to let that go.

please, no more suprises Cap1

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.