Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Capital One check for upgrade link

So I chatted up Cap One on my moms behalf to see if there was an upgrade option to her QS1 to QS. The rep said no and told me I could check any time for offers. I asked how and he said just click the link "Upgrade Now" once you login. I do not have this link so he sent me the url. I used it on my moms account and it shows she is eligible for the QS1. I used it on mine and it shows no upgrades. I have never seen this option on my login page so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not. But, either way, here ya go. I hope it helps someone. 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

Edit: Oh my! 19 Kudos. I think that is the most ever for one of my posts. Super happy this is helping you all to get better cards! Smiley Tongue

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 1 of 660
659 REPLIES 659
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

I just tried the link. I can upgrade my QS1 to QS. Rate stays the same. So does the credit limit. Card number stays the same as well. I gather the only benifit is no $39 AF.

Other than no AF, which is cool, what is the real upgrade?

Message 2 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried the link. I can upgrade my QS1 to QS. Rate stays the same. So does the credit limit. Card number stays the same as well. I gather the only benifit is no $39 AF.

Other than no AF, which is cool, what is the real upgrade?

From my understanding the QS gets better CLI's than the QS1 and Platinum. Honestly, until others chime in with what it shows them, I really don't know what else the benefit might be. It hates me just like everything else Capital One and says nothing available. lol

Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the account need to be opened for a certain amount of time before eligible for a product upgrade?
Message 4 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does the account need to be opened for a certain amount of time before eligible for a product upgrade?

Good question. I don't know but I am sure someone who does will respond. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 5 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I upgrade QS1 to QS then? And dump the AF?

Message 6 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I would. QS > QS1. Annual fees are no bueno. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 7 of 660
Indycoltsfan
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info!  I was able to upgrade my QS1 to QS Rewards - no AF.  Would not have known I could do it without the link - thanks again!

Message 8 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Indycoltsfan wrote:

Thanks for the info!  I was able to upgrade my QS1 to QS Rewards - no AF.  Would not have known I could do it without the link - thanks again!

Happy to help! And congrats! I am not sure Capital One is aware its not where they think it is. lol 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 9 of 660
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Thanks for the link!

I had a QuicksilverOne without an annual fee. I used the link and was able to upgrade to the Quicksilver. In practice, since I had no annual fee, nothing will change for me. However, I hope the move help me shed the sub-prime origins of the original card.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 10 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.