Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

My sister and her husband thank you for this link!!  I'm helping them pay down debt, improve scores and fix some items on their credit reports so they can refinance their house.  I sent them the link to upgrade and they were both eligible to upgrade to the QS and my sister requested a CLI after and got that too!  They are both so excited about all of the improvements to their finances and told me to post a thank you to you!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 41 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave it a try. It offered me the upgrade from QS Sig to QS Sig. Exactly the same card.

??? LOL

Message 42 of 660
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

I just gave this a shot (in the dark) even though I have only had my Platinum for 4 months (5th statement cuts around May 8th). I got offered an upgrade from Platinum to Quicksilver with the same limit and APR and no fee. I'll take the 1.5% rewards even though I'm also on my first year with Discover. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 43 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have an ad-blocker make sure you disabled it before you try and the go ahead and try it, It did work for me without an ad-blocker in Firefox.

Message 44 of 660
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Very cool find, @MyLoFICO

It says I'm eligible to upgrade my QS MasterCard to a Venture One (maybe later once the CL is over $5k, but not now), however I'm unable to figure out how to 'switch' it to check either of my other two cards.  Perhaps it's that the other two simply aren't eligible? 

In any case, thanks so much for sharing, and congrats to all who have been able to take advantage of this to shed their AFs!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 45 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

So I chatted up Cap One on my moms behalf to see if there was an upgrade option to her QS1 to QS. The rep said no and told me I could check any time for offers. I asked how and he said just click the link "Upgrade Now" once you login. I do not have this link so he sent me the url. I used it on my moms account and it shows she is eligible for the QS1. I used it on mine and it shows no upgrades. I have never seen this option on my login page so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not. But, either way, here ya go. I hope it helps someone. 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

lol - it offers to upgrade my Quicksilver to a Quicksilver...or a Venture One (bleh!) Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@CreditStan wrote:

Every time I click on that link it just takes me to my homescreen, guess I'm not eligeble? 

No. Once you login it should say there are no options available. I have a QS and a Spark and I still get the message no upgrades are avialable. Just helped a freind upgrade his Platinum. He got the QS and 12 months of 0% APR from an upgrade. You should see something after logging in, even if its a no. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 47 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditStan wrote:

Every time I click on that link it just takes me to my homescreen, guess I'm not eligeble? 

Does the same for me. Just goes to my home screen. I guess that means no upgrade for us. 

When you click the link, login and it should make an offer or tell you there isnt one on the table. Like this:

Capture3.PNG

Updated 1-25-18
Message 48 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@medicgrrl wrote:

My sister and her husband thank you for this link!!  I'm helping them pay down debt, improve scores and fix some items on their credit reports so they can refinance their house.  I sent them the link to upgrade and they were both eligible to upgrade to the QS and my sister requested a CLI after and got that too!  They are both so excited about all of the improvements to their finances and told me to post a thank you to you!

They are most welcome. Everyone is. I had never seen this and the guy acted like it was a shining beacon on the main page for all to see. When I saw this link I thought, I bet that is internal only. If it is, I bet they will be surprised next time they run their internal reports and see a massive drop off of AF. That makes me giggle, not gonna lie. For every AF that gets negated by an upgrade, I snicker and think of all the declined CLI's they give me. Smiley Tongue

Updated 1-25-18
Message 49 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I gave it a try. It offered me the upgrade from QS Sig to QS Sig. Exactly the same card.

??? LOL

I didn't know you could upgrade to a VS specifically? I can't wait for that to happen for me. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 50 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.