Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

So I chatted up Cap One on my moms behalf to see if there was an upgrade option to her QS1 to QS. The rep said no and told me I could check any time for offers. I asked how and he said just click the link "Upgrade Now" once you login. I do not have this link so he sent me the url. I used it on my moms account and it shows she is eligible for the QS1. I used it on mine and it shows no upgrades. I have never seen this option on my login page so I don't know if this is common knowledge or not. But, either way, here ya go. I hope it helps someone. 

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

The link just logs me into my normal capital one account when I enter my credentials.  Am I doing it wrong?

+1 the link just logs me into my account

Message 91 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm curious if those same card to same card conversions may be ways to get out of a CL ceiling group. Anyone try a same card conversion who was CL capped before?

Now you've got me wondering if I should accept it just to see what happens down the road LOL

Yep, that's exactly why I did the upgrade myself.  Smiley Happy

Message 92 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I did accept the "upgrade" on both of my accounts ... But as others have said, my upgrade was ostensibly to the same card. 

After I did it initially, when I opened the Cap 1 app, there was a "activate new card" prompt under my QS account, but now it's not there. 

So I still wait ... if/when I get the "new" card I'll update here 

Message 93 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried the link and all it did was log me into my account. Did I miss something I'm supposed to do?
Message 94 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW got offered a QS1 upgrade from her QS1...??? Um...

No thanks...

I got offered a QS upgrade from my V1 (V1 with no AF)...

My Platinum I opened in July 2016 was upgraded to a V1 (AF waived) 6 months ago.

I took the upgrade.

Assured me the same CC number, just a different Exp Date, and CCV number.

Message 95 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they told me I can "upgrade" my QS1 to a QS1...

Those are both the same cards..

Capital One is a real piece of work.

Message 96 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just tried the link and all it did was log me into my account. Did I miss something I'm supposed to do?

Some folks are reporting this. I even tried it with my popup blocker and ad blocker on and I still atleast get a message that an upgrade is not available. Maybe try a different browser?

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 97 of 660
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No thanks...

My Platinum I opened in July 2016 was upgraded to a V1 (AF waived) 6 months ago.

I took the upgrade.

Would this perhaps affect your chances for a cli in the near future if going with the upgrade?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 98 of 660
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Tried the link. Started looking like it was just going to sign me into my account like  others have reported. It offered me an upgrade on one of my Quicksilver 1's to a Quicksilver with no annual fee instead of the 39 dollars I was paying. I took it. I don't use it a ton and was going to close it soon if I didnt get rid of the annual fee. Now i think I might role my other Quicksilver one into the Quicksilver and close it so I have 0 annual fees. I could try and wait it out to see if they will upgrade my other Quicksilver one card in a few months or so...which I think is the better course of action. I have till March 2018 when the next fee gets charged.

Message 99 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No thanks...

I took the upgrade.

Would this perhaps affect your chances for a cli in the near future if going with the upgrade?

I hope not...

I received a crummy 1K CLI a few months ago... (SL 3K in July 2016)

I JUST tried for a CLI after I took this upgrade, and it said basically the last CLI was too recent...

So I'm hoping that this upgrade from a subprime card (V1) to a better "bucketed" card will truly move me out of the subprime.. to the prime bucket.. and allow the CLI's to come in a little better than 1K...

Considering the PenFed is 32K and NFCU os 22K...

Message 100 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.