cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

The link didn't work for me in any of my browsers so I chatted and went from QS1 to QS in a jif.

Robot Very Happy

Message 511 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

The link didn't work for me in any of my browsers so I chatted and went from QS1 to QS in a jif.

Robot Very Happy

How long have you had the QS1?

Message 512 of 660
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jlitnns wrote:

Robot Very Happy

June 2017

Message 513 of 660
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird that it doesn't work for you, UncleB.  When I discovered this months ago while browsing the HTML code and some odd JS files on Capital One's site, I saw it in Chrome.  That same code is now missing or was changed since I found it as I can no longer find it, but it does appear to "work" for some people.  Not sure why it would differ, though.  Maybe browser?

I just jumped over to Chrome, and lo-and-behold, it works there!  Smiley Very Happy

I normally use Firefox and have quite a few add-ons, so I don't know if one of those is causing a problem or if it's something else. 

In any case, in Chrome I seem to be able to see 'upgrades' for any of my cards by adding "/productupgrade" to the end of the URL while I'm looking at the transactions for a specific card.  Smiley Happy

Message 514 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird that it doesn't work for you, UncleB.  When I discovered this months ago while browsing the HTML code and some odd JS files on Capital One's site, I saw it in Chrome.  That same code is now missing or was changed since I found it as I can no longer find it, but it does appear to "work" for some people.  Not sure why it would differ, though.  Maybe browser?

I just jumped over to Chrome, and lo-and-behold, it works there!  Smiley Very Happy

I normally use Firefox and have quite a few add-ons, so I don't know if one of those is causing a problem or if it's something else. 

In any case, in Chrome I seem to be able to see 'upgrades' for any of my cards by adding "/productupgrade" to the end of the URL while I'm looking at the transactions for a specific card.  Smiley Happy

Woot!  Thanks for sharing the data points!  I have Firefox but don't use it much since I use Chrome across all my platforms and sync'd bookmarks, etc.  Interesting there's a difference, though!

Message 515 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlitnns wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

June 2017

Thanks for sharing that!  I got my QS1 in August 2017 and so far no upgrades via chat or link for me but I'll be hammering on them before the AF is due.

Does the PC/upgrade affect your next CLI request?  I can never remember which one affects the other.   When did you last manually request and receive a CLI on the QS1?

Message 516 of 660
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jlitnns wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

June 2017

Thanks for sharing that!  I got my QS1 in August 2017 and so far no upgrades via chat or link for me but I'll be hammering on them before the AF is due.

Does the PC/upgrade affect your next CLI request?  I can never remember which one affects the other.   When did you last manually request and receive a CLI on the QS1?

I haven't requested a CLI, I got an automatic CLI in December on the QS1 and I plan on requesting a CLI on the QS in July. 

I was pretty happy to make the switch and and avoid the AF.

Message 517 of 660
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@topgunvf wrote:

@ABCD2199 while trying to upgrade my 2nd Platinum for months using the link to no prevail I saw your post and gave it a whirl. From desktop site after being logged in it does work. It showed "Upgrade not Available" but the concept does indeed work similar to the link from the OP. Whichever account you're trying to upgrade you simply click on that account image and it takes you to that account's main home screen. You then add "ProductUpgrade" at the end of the URL and if eligable it will work. If not it will still show "Upgrade not Available" like with OP's link. But of course YMWV...............

@topgunvf, what browser are you using?  I would love to be able to get this to work.

@sorry for the delay @UncleB I see you got it work that's AWESOME! I use MSOFT EXPLORER here at work but it changes the cookies and is "incognito" every time I open a new window because it uses a secured network.

Message 518 of 660
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jlitnns wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

June 2017

They've been auto CLI'ing me between my 5th and 6th statement for both cards. I was in steps for both cards and manually pulled a CLI between my 3rd and 4th for that extra $100! If you got yours in August you should be able to PC and auto CLI either Jan or Feb statement. Are you in steps as well?

Message 519 of 660
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Just upgraded my wife's QS1 to a QS (No more $39 AF)...

Hit the LUV button within minutes of upgrading and she went from $3300 to $5800

I wished I had checked for CLI offers before upgrading to see if there is a rebucketing difference.

One question though... Did anyone notice any score increase after upgrading form QS1 or Platinum to a QS?

I'm not sure if sub-prime cards hurt score or just used for underwriting purposes.

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 520 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.