Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

@radfam wrote:
Well that was quick. Already updated to Quicksilver in the app! I didn’t see in the terms if credit steps would still be intact. 3rd statement just cut on the Plat that I just PC’d, so 3 statements away from a $500 bump.

There will be no change in your Credit Steps program. 

Message 501 of 660
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Out of curiosity, I tried the link, and it just takes me directly to my Playstation Visa after logging in...  Nothing about an upgrade (or upgrade unavailble) or any way to choose which card I want to upgrade...

For those with multiple Cap1 cards who've tried this, do you get a list of cards eligible to upgrade with this link?

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 502 of 660
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The link just sends you to one of your cards, and it may not be a card that you wish to upgrade. It's probably inapplicable to a Playstation Visa because that's a co-branded card that isn't likely eligible for any kind of product change.

Message 503 of 660
risingup2day
Regular Contributor

Similiar situation. I have a QS1 MC version. Nearly three years later, no upgrade offers of ANY kind. I have used it a lot in the beginning and now just paying a recurring charge to keep it active of $15 a month... still no offers to upgrade or PC of any sort. I pay annual fee of $39 and the 1.5% cash back don’t cover the annual fee... I’m thinking of throwing in the towel on this card.
Message 504 of 660
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

The link just sends you to one of your cards, and it may not be a card that you wish to upgrade. It's probably inapplicable to a Playstation Visa because that's a co-branded card that isn't likely eligible for any kind of product change.

Just gotta figure out how to get the link to take me to a different card.  Smiley Happy

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 505 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmus wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Just gotta figure out how to get the link to take me to a different card.  Smiley Happy

I've repeatedly posted an idea in this thread but nobody has tried it to confirm.

Try this method I discovered to see if it makes a difference for you:

1. Log in to Capital One
  2. Click whichever card you want to upgrade, it will take you to a new URL with an ugly batch of characters after it
  3. AT THE END of the URL, append this: /productupgrade and hit enter.  Don't forget that slash!
  4. If that card doesn't upgrade, repeat the steps for each card to see

I believe this should let you pick which card to upgrade, but so far nobody has tested it and reported back -- and I don't have 2 accounts to test it on.

Message 506 of 660
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dalmus wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I've repeatedly posted an idea in this thread but nobody has tried it to confirm.

Try this method I discovered to see if it makes a difference for you:

1. Log in to Capital One
  2. Click whichever card you want to upgrade, it will take you to a new URL with an ugly batch of characters after it
  3. AT THE END of the URL, append this: /productupgrade and hit enter.  Don't forget that slash!
  4. If that card doesn't upgrade, repeat the steps for each card to see

I believe this should let you pick which card to upgrade, but so far nobody has tested it and reported back -- and I don't have 2 accounts to test it on.

I just tried it, and it didn't work.  I get taken to my oldest card no matter what method I use (either the "link" or using your workaround).

Message 507 of 660
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@ABCD2199 while trying to upgrade my 2nd Platinum for months using the link to no prevail I saw your post and gave it a whirl. From desktop site after being logged in it does work. It showed "Upgrade not Available" but the concept does indeed work similar to the link from the OP. Whichever account you're trying to upgrade you simply click on that account image and it takes you to that account's main home screen. You then add "ProductUpgrade" at the end of the URL and if eligable it will work. If not it will still show "Upgrade not Available" like with OP's link. But of course YMWV...............

Message 508 of 660
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@topgunvf wrote:

@ABCD2199 while trying to upgrade my 2nd Platinum for months using the link to no prevail I saw your post and gave it a whirl. From desktop site after being logged in it does work. It showed "Upgrade not Available" but the concept does indeed work similar to the link from the OP. Whichever account you're trying to upgrade you simply click on that account image and it takes you to that account's main home screen. You then add "ProductUpgrade" at the end of the URL and if eligable it will work. If not it will still show "Upgrade not Available" like with OP's link. But of course YMWV...............

@topgunvf, what browser are you using?  I would love to be able to get this to work.

Message 509 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird that it doesn't work for you, UncleB.  When I discovered this months ago while browsing the HTML code and some odd JS files on Capital One's site, I saw it in Chrome.  That same code is now missing or was changed since I found it as I can no longer find it, but it does appear to "work" for some people.  Not sure why it would differ, though.  Maybe browser?

Message 510 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.