cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One check for upgrade link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


@topgunvf wrote:


They've been auto CLI'ing me between my 5th and 6th statement for both cards. I was in steps for both cards and manually pulled a CLI between my 3rd and 4th for that extra $100! If you got yours in August you should be able to PC and auto CLI either Jan or Feb statement. Are you in steps as well?


Am in steps -- I also did a manual CLI request and accepted $500->$600.  Card only gets $9.99 Spotify bill and I get $5 back on that so it's low usage.  Their email for credit steps said I'll get a CLI in March.  The card is sock drawered otherwise, as is my secured Platinum.  If and when Platinum graduates, I'll combine the two accounts in one direction and then sock drawer as I don't use or need Capital One anymore.  They don't even have a card that interests me except for SUB possibilities and I can't SUB chase for at least another 17 months anyway, so they'll get my $5-$10 a month charges for activity.

 

I do like the idea of using Capital One as a prybar, but now that I'm in with Amex, I doubt Capital One would be useful for that!

Message 521 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


@raisemysc0re wrote:

 

One question though... Did anyone notice any score increase after upgrading form QS1 or Platinum to a QS?

I'm not sure if sub-prime cards hurt score or just used for underwriting purposes.


FICO doesn't score cards differently, not even secured cards.

 

The only thing they score differently is consumer finance account loans versus other installment loans.

Message 522 of 660
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

@risingup2day, keep up with the recurring charge and paying in full each month. I was able to PC two QS1s after 12 or 13 consecutive months with charges and payments.

 

@Dalmus, try ABCD's trick. Otherwise, the simple solution is just to call. Smiley Happy

 

@ABCD2199, thanks for posting the info… again. I think it's going to need to be posted repeatedly, especially when threads are long like this one. I post the 12 or 13 consecutive months thing fairly often too. The problem is that when people successfully PC a QS1 and I ask about their usage, they tend not to return with an answer. So like you, all I can say is give it a try. Smiley Happy

Message 523 of 660
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

Then why do people care if they have sub-prime cards on their profile?

Is it just because of underwriting when trying to secure new lines of credit?

 

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):


Message 524 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


@raisemysc0re wrote:

Then why do people care if they have sub-prime cards on their profile?

Is it just because of underwriting when trying to secure new lines of credit?

 


Why?

 

Because of a forever myth that subprime cards hold you back because they're subprime cards.  It's 100% myth except that low limit cards themselves may prevent you from getting higher limits at first, but once you start getting higher limits and showing responsible usage, the low limit cards don't matter at all.

Message 525 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

I have the MasterCard Quicksilver. It was an upgrade from the platinum I originally had. PCed it after 6 months originally. Just for fun I clicked on the link. Knowing there is no product I want to change it to anyways. Lol. Of course I am not eligible. As expected :-) still was fun to try tho. 

Message 526 of 660
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link

Thank You , this link worked for me and the wife.







Message 527 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


@Anonymous wrote:

I have the MasterCard Quicksilver. It was an upgrade from the platinum I originally had. PCed it after 6 months originally. Just for fun I clicked on the link. Knowing there is no product I want to change it to anyways. Lol. Of course I am not eligible. As expected :-) still was fun to try tho. 


It's like the Crapital One lotto! Big bucks! Big bucks! No whammies! lol

 


Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 528 of 660
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


@Anonymous wrote:

@raisemysc0re wrote:

Then why do people care if they have sub-prime cards on their profile?

Is it just because of underwriting when trying to secure new lines of credit?

 


Why?

 

Because of a forever myth that subprime cards hold you back because they're subprime cards.  It's 100% myth except that low limit cards themselves may prevent you from getting higher limits at first, but once you start getting higher limits and showing responsible usage, the low limit cards don't matter at all.


Yep, I have seen this in my very own credit experience. 


Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 529 of 660
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One check for upgrade link


@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@raisemysc0re wrote:

Then why do people care if they have sub-prime cards on their profile?

Is it just because of underwriting when trying to secure new lines of credit?

 


Why?

 

Because of a forever myth that subprime cards hold you back because they're subprime cards.  It's 100% myth except that low limit cards themselves may prevent you from getting higher limits at first, but once you start getting higher limits and showing responsible usage, the low limit cards don't matter at all.


Yep, I have seen this in my very own credit experience. 


Down  the line after I get my 2 unicorn cards left, I will get a $300 Credit One card or something and then after it reports I'll app a prime lender and see what they offer me.  I bet they ignore the $300 Credit One card entirely.

Message 530 of 660
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.