Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One consolidation finally

tag
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Capital One consolidation finally

I have been trying to consolidate my three Capital one accounts for months.

Finally I tried again for the millionth time time, and it worked! I consolidated two accounts to one, and then consolidated that one into the third one. So I now have one Capital One card with a much bigger limit. I don't know what changed but I was never able to do this before, and today poof!

I tried for a CLI, they said no.. So it wasn't all winning today Smiley Happy

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One consolidation finally

Congrats. Did you try for cli first?
Message 2 of 12
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Hi Baller.  I actually had CLI on all three of my accounts over the past few months. I consolidated, then thought I would try again for another CLI on the new and improved cosolidated card. Ha ha! Didn't work. LOL. I will try again in a couple months. My 3 rather low limit cards with Cap 1 are now at 1 card with an $8K limit. Not great compared to so many other posters, but a lot more than I would ever charge. So I am happy. Plus, I only have to worry about paying 1 credit card statement, not chasing three (even tho I didn't carry a balance on 2 of the three anyway). I am consolidating so I am pretty happy today to have 2 less cards and still have the same CL.

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wednesdayaddamsd wrote:

I have been trying to consolidate my three Capital one accounts for months.

Finally I tried again for the millionth time time, and it worked! I consolidated two accounts to one, and then consolidated that one into the third one. So I now have one Capital One card with a much bigger limit. I don't know what changed but I was never able to do this before, and today poof!

I tried for a CLI, they said no.. So it wasn't all winning today Smiley Happy

Good Job...

one ?

How long have you had the cards??

Message 4 of 12
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the consolidation! I'm sure that will make things easier and more pleasant to manage!

Message 5 of 12
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Hi Julie, The oldest card was from 2010, and the 2 other cards were opened in 2011. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your success!

You have the chance to provide an interesting data point if you're interested... take a peek into your online documents to see when the last CLI was on this card, and six months from that day try for another one.  If you get it, we'll know that while the website says a combination can impact future CLIs, it doesn't necessarily have to. 

On the other hand if you're CLI isn't successful however you try again six months after the combination and it's granted, we'll have evidence that they are sticking to the letter of the rule, so to speak. 

All of this aside, again... congrats!  screamer.gif

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!    "Not great compared to so many other posters"   You are you. No Gymtimidation here.

Message 8 of 12
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

anyone scared or concerned about combining accounts?

my accounts are all two years old or less so i am not worried about AAoA.

but i am worried about - what if they close that big account or something.

i know i am over concerned but i have been debating combing 4 accts into 2

world mastercard venture at $25,500 and a signature visa quicksilver at $23,750 would be nice though.

anyone have any issues after combining?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 12
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Thanks Uncle B. The last CLI on this one was a few months ago I think. But I'll keep you posted in another four months or so! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.