girbabe
Established Member

Re: Capital One consolidation question

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
With your scores I think you would get an instant approval with Barclay for the Ring (they pull TU). I was instantly approved and I had a very thin file. No pressure though, it's totally up to you which card fits your needs best. I will just add that the Ring has an 8% APR for everything (i.e. purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances), and also has no balance transfer fees, and the fee for cash advance is only $3. Just something to think about Smiley Happy

Sounds great actually.  Do you know what their requirements are for inquiries or new accounts within the magical 24 mos period?  I only have one inquiry for Transunion but I've opened 5 credit cards since January 2014.

Well I can tell you that when I got approved for the Ring, I had opened up about 12 new accounts in the 6 months right before I applied (14 in the past 12 months), although 5 of the 14 new accounts hadn't reported yet (so I had like 9 new accounts reporting at time of app). And I think I only had 3-4 recent inquiries on TU at that time. Trust me, you'll be fine Smiley Wink

Wowser!  I can't believe how relaxed their requirements are.  Thanks for the info - I'm going to go ahead and apply.  In fact, this thread sort  of went off topic from the orginal post.  While all this has been going on, I went ahead and cancelled my Sonycard and combined limits on the other so now I have just the one Cap One card and if I can hold out until January, I'll have only 4 new accounts showing.  I don't know why I'm being so anal about all this.  But then, I suppose we are all a bit obsessive about our credit or we wouldn't be frequenting this forum.  Smiley Tongue

Sorry, I did go off topic. But congrats on your Cap1 account combination! If you do app for the Ring, make sure you post back and let us know the outcome - good luck!

Well, thanks for the encouragement!  That really was painless.  I went ahead and applied and was approved for $7,000.  It's not 7.25 but at 8% I'm happy and not going to complain.  It should keep me satisfied for awhile.  Thanks again for the suggestion.

Fico Score: EQ=806/TU=798/EX=794 Back in the garden 11/1/2015

My cards: Amex BCE $25k / Discover IT $16 / Cap One QS World MC $11.5k / Barclaycard Ring MC $7k / BofA Rewards $5k / BECU Visa $5.5k & $500 LoC/ Chase Freedom QS $6k / Citi TYP $3.3k / Chase Amazon Rewards $1,800 / Best Buy $1,680 / Amazon Store Card $3.6k / Shell (Citibank)$600 / Paypal Credit $7.5k (doesn't report)
Message 31 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

And just because I want to rant and get this out of my system, it just burns my ass that I can get some banks to issue at their lowest APR such as Barclay and most recently Citibank at 12.99, but Capital One issues a $10K CL with their absolute highest APR of 22.99.  Is it my bad 800 credit score, modest income or were they just having a bad day?  What on earth is their logic....jeez.

My cards: Amex BCE $25k / Discover IT $16 / Cap One QS World MC $11.5k / Barclaycard Ring MC $7k / BofA Rewards $5k / BECU Visa $5.5k & $500 LoC/ Chase Freedom QS $6k / Citi TYP $3.3k / Chase Amazon Rewards $1,800 / Best Buy $1,680 / Amazon Store Card $3.6k / Shell (Citibank)$600 / Paypal Credit $7.5k (doesn't report)
Message 32 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@girbabe wrote:

And just because I want to rant and get this out of my system, it just burns my ass that I can get some banks to issue at their lowest APR such as Barclay and most recently Citibank at 12.99, but Capital One issues a $10K CL with their absolute highest APR of 22.99.  Is it my bad 800 credit score, modest income or were they just having a bad day?  What on earth is their logic....jeez.

both of our rears are on fire then. I am in the same boat with the apr variances!

Congrats on the great starting limit with the Ring!  Anything higher than $5k is amazing for a starting limit on that card.  Remember you can get a cash advance at any ATM for $3, thats it! (there is no grace period on cash advances like a purchase would have, but still useful!)

Message 33 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@girbabe wrote:

Well, thanks for the encouragement!  That really was painless.  I went ahead and applied and was approved for $7,000.  It's not 7.25 but at 8% I'm happy and not going to complain.  It should keep me satisfied for awhile.  Thanks again for the suggestion.

Congratulations! And that's a pretty good SL for Barclay as well. Glad I could help Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

both of our rears are on fire then. I am in the same boat with the apr variances!

Congrats on the great starting limit with the Ring!  Anything higher than $5k is amazing for a starting limit on that card.  Remember you can get a cash advance at any ATM for $3, thats it! (there is no grace period on cash advances like a purchase would have, but still useful!)

I just keep thinking that their logic is backwards.  If I was a bank loaning money to someone with a fairly low fixed income but had a high credit score and low risk, I would issue a lower CL that is more inline with a lower income but with a low APR as well .  Doesn't that make more sense? 

I'm not complaining about having higher CL's since my overall available credit keeps utilization low and my score higher but I just like to know the reason for everything.  Inquisitive by nature...

Message 35 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

honestly this is like the early 2000s all over again with banks WAY over lending. seriously. i make 30k a year and have scores of 686-699 depending on bureau and a few lates as well. god knows i have no business with $67k in open credit and NFCU shouldn't be giving me $33k by themselves lol.
Message 36 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
honestly this is like the early 2000s all over again with banks WAY over lending. seriously. i make 30k a year and have scores of 686-699 depending on bureau and a few lates as well. god knows i have no business with $67k in open credit and NFCU shouldn't be giving me $33k by themselves lol.

Isn't NFCU military?  Banks LOVE the military.  Smiley Tongue

Message 37 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

my grandfather was. not me. too out of shape and selfish to serve correctly lol.
Message 38 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
my grandfather was. not me. too out of shape and selfish to serve correctly lol.

So....attached to the military then.  Same perk.  Banks are nice to military people.  

Message 39 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

well NFCU is the only creditor that knows at all.
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.