Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One consolidation question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One consolidation question

@girbabe wrote:

I'm going to cancel my Sony card and would like some input about the consolidation of the other 2.  I don't want to close out the Platinum because it's an older card though I don't use it since there's not much benefit.  On the other hand, the Quicksilver Signature I was approved for just earlier this year has the highest APR of 22.9% so it really won't be used either.  I typically PIF but on the off chance I let a balance ride for a month, I certainly don't want it to be on the Signature card.  So then, would it be better to consolidate and keep the Platinum due to the age of the account and lower APR (17.9) or keep them both or ??.  Appreciate the help.

I just had a similar thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CapOne-Dilemma/m-p/4308752#M1229650

After sending an email to Capital One, I got a call from EO. They were able to let me PC my old Capital One Platinum into a QS. I wanted to keep this card for 2 reasons: my oldest active card from 2000 and 15.9% APR. My current Platinum was going to be 22.9% APR after the 0% intro ended in Feb. For me, it was a no-brainer to then combine my old Platinum coverted to QS and the current QS into it. I hope you can get something similar but you will have to email the CEO of Capital One to get anywhere.

Message 41 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@girbabe wrote:

And just because I want to rant and get this out of my system, it just burns my ass that I can get some banks to issue at their lowest APR such as Barclay and most recently Citibank at 12.99, but Capital One issues a $10K CL with their absolute highest APR of 22.99.  Is it my bad 800 credit score, modest income or were they just having a bad day?  What on earth is their logic....jeez.

I've been wondering the same thing myself - hovering in the 800 range and my QS was 22.9% after the 0% promo. Makes no sense but I got it figured out.

Message 42 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

And just because I want to rant and get this out of my system, it just burns my ass that I can get some banks to issue at their lowest APR such as Barclay and most recently Citibank at 12.99, but Capital One issues a $10K CL with their absolute highest APR of 22.99.  Is it my bad 800 credit score, modest income or were they just having a bad day?  What on earth is their logic....jeez.

I've been wondering the same thing myself - hovering in the 800 range and my QS was 22.9% after the 0% promo. Makes no sense but I got it figured out.

You figured it out?  Could you share with the class please? Smiley Happy

Fico Score: EQ=806/TU=798/EX=794 Back in the garden 11/1/2015

My cards: Amex BCE $25k / Discover IT $16 / Cap One QS World MC $11.5k / Barclaycard Ring MC $7k / BofA Rewards $5k / BECU Visa $5.5k & $500 LoC/ Chase Freedom QS $6k / Citi TYP $3.3k / Chase Amazon Rewards $1,800 / Best Buy $1,680 / Amazon Store Card $3.6k / Shell (Citibank)$600 / Paypal Credit $7.5k (doesn't report)
Message 43 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

I'm going to cancel my Sony card and would like some input about the consolidation of the other 2.  I don't want to close out the Platinum because it's an older card though I don't use it since there's not much benefit.  On the other hand, the Quicksilver Signature I was approved for just earlier this year has the highest APR of 22.9% so it really won't be used either.  I typically PIF but on the off chance I let a balance ride for a month, I certainly don't want it to be on the Signature card.  So then, would it be better to consolidate and keep the Platinum due to the age of the account and lower APR (17.9) or keep them both or ??.  Appreciate the help.

I just had a similar thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CapOne-Dilemma/m-p/4308752#M1229650

After sending an email to Capital One, I got a call from EO. They were able to let me PC my old Capital One Platinum into a QS. I wanted to keep this card for 2 reasons: my oldest active card from 2000 and 15.9% APR. My current Platinum was going to be 22.9% APR after the 0% intro ended in Feb. For me, it was a no-brainer to then combine my old Platinum coverted to QS and the current QS into it. I hope you can get something similar but you will have to email the CEO of Capital One to get anywhere.

That was very creative but if I'm reading it right, you had 2 old and 2 new Platinums and QS's?  I'm thinking in my case since I have one of each and I want to keep my Platinum because of its age, I will PC into QS.  I just today, cancelled my QS and the balance over to Platinum so I hope it's not too late or that I'm now doing it backwards.  It never even occurred to me to PC the card.  Thanks for sharing.

My cards: Amex BCE $25k / Discover IT $16 / Cap One QS World MC $11.5k / Barclaycard Ring MC $7k / BofA Rewards $5k / BECU Visa $5.5k & $500 LoC/ Chase Freedom QS $6k / Citi TYP $3.3k / Chase Amazon Rewards $1,800 / Best Buy $1,680 / Amazon Store Card $3.6k / Shell (Citibank)$600 / Paypal Credit $7.5k (doesn't report)
Message 44 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@girbabe wrote:

Would you be kind enough to PM the EO's email please?

Message 45 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

it can be found on google. not being rude btw.
Message 46 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

Was asking SteelCity66 since he had great success with his request for whoever he emailed.  Names and contacts change and I would rather have the most current info rather than going through trial and error to get to the right person.  But thanks anyway.  Google is my best friend but I don't always believe everything I read.  

Message 47 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol sorry to steel the thunder ha
Message 48 of 53
girbabe
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
lol sorry to steel the thunder ha

Now if YOU recently had a problem sucessfully resolved through Cap One's EO and have contact info, I'd gladly take it.  But pointing out the obvious (just google it) isn't very helpful.  Not being snooty either.  Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh i know haha. what comes around goes around Smiley Wink you wanted direct access Smiley Wink no worries my friend
Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.