Re: Capital One incorrect rewards on Chewy purchases

OP, have you called Capital One yet?

Message 31 of 38
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

No, I'm delaying it as long as possible...

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 32 of 38
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

No, I'm delaying it as long as possible...

Oh no, I was hoping to hear what excuse they have.

Message 33 of 38
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

So I called and asked about this very thing for an OfficeDepot order, and was told you have to check with capitaloneshopping.com. Sure enough, I checked and I got my credit there. But it doesn't come up on the Capital One CC rewards side. And apparently you can only redeem these bonus rewards for giftcards...

Whoa!!!  That's not at all how it was presented, at least for Chewy. I carefully read all the fine print, and it definitely said I'd get 7.5% rewards, it would take 2-3 billing cycles, and I had to use their link in order to qualify. Nothing at all about gift cards. I'm hoping it's just different for their Office Depot offer.

This is Cap1's current verbiage for the Chewy offer, under "How to receive the rebate:"

"You will receive your rebate as a statement credit to your Capital One credit card account within 3 billing cycles."

That's what I saw too for Office Depot. I don't know what's what anymore. I'm not sure if using those cash back offers conflicts with using the Capital One shopping thing. I need some clarification from Cap One.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess what? I went on the Capital One site, went to my QS card and there it was, a credit for the 7.5% for my first purchase from Chewy. I almost fainted.

Thanks

Mark

Message 35 of 38
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Guess what? I went on the Capital One site, went to my QS card and there it was, a credit for the 7.5% for my first purchase from Chewy. I almost fainted.

As I would!!

So I went and checked my cards after reading your post. Not only have they still not posted any 7.5% amounts, but--for one of my cards--there is NO REWARD activity to display! It was there, now it's gone. Oh, it still shows the [incorrect] dollar amount (based on 1.5% for the Chewy purchases) up at the top of the page, but under reward history, there's nothing. And you can't choose a date. Their 'search' box is just for items listed there; you can't search by date.

Well, I guess we'll keep waiting...

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 36 of 38
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

UPDATE: Last week I finally called Cap1 about this. The CSR was very, very nice and said she'd take care of it. She did! She told me it could take 10+ business days to be reflected online; today, when I checked again, there it was! All 7.5% of the Chewy purchases I'd made using their link. So the bottom line is that yes, I did ultimately receive the 7.5% cash back promised, *but* I had to jump through hoops to get that money. Had I not called, it never would've appeared.

The CSR said she couldn't explain why the cash back had never posted, and she apologized for that fact. She was unable to find any trace of having used their link to make those purchases, but I told her I took screenshots every step of the way and could easily prove it. That wasn't necessary; she took my word for it and issued the credits. I'm not happy that it took so long and that it took a phone call, but I am glad it finally got posted!

If you're still waiting for Cap1 rewards you were supposed to get by using one of their links, and it's been more than three billing cycles, your best bet is to contact them and get it straightened out.

Message 37 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has provided an update on the resolution and the discussion has run its course, this thread is now locked and closed to new messages. 

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.