Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One interest rate increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One interest rate increase

I know they base on prime interest rates, but anyelse find out that CapOne rates are going up by .25%? 

I got notice from Mint, not Capital One, that they were going up today on both my cards by .25% each. 

Just wondering if anyone else got notice since I suspect this is due to interest rates going up in general right now.

4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One interest rate increase

The Fed raised interest rates 25 basis points earlier this month so it makes sense they would raise the rate, its going to affect just about everyones cards.

Message 2 of 5
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@gdale6wrote:

The Fed raised interest rates 25 basis points earlier this month so it makes sense they would raise the rate, its going to affect just about everyones cards.

Yea, noticed on my PCR yesterday. 😥

Message 3 of 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Both Navy Federal and PenFed have recently increased interest rates on most of their cards.  No special notice was given.  I think that's because the interest rate in the terms and conditions is described as "prime plus x percent", so as far as the credit unions are concerned, they didn't change any terms and conditions.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I haven't looked, I'm certain the APR's on my cards have been changed as a result of the Fed's recent action. In all candor, though, I'm not that bothered since whatever balances I'm carrying at the moment are so small that the interest charge is only going up by a few cents a month. (Another good argument for keeping utilization low not just across your cards but on each individual card!)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.