cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is a hard tack, but I love them!

tag
peme6040
New Contributor

Capital One is a hard tack, but I love them!

One of the things I've read about my credit report is that I need to increase my credit lines on my cards to show that I am able to be responsible with more credit.  Ok, not so easy.  I have 4 capital one cards (2 of which used to be HSBC but got bought out by C.O.).  I also had an old car loan w/ them-paid off with no problems and just refinanced my new car with them-no problems.  One of my cards they increased my limit. The others they won't budge b/c I had 30-60 day lates back in '08-'09.  I have never paid late since.  I like their company and love their low APR's, but is their a way to get them to oversee my lates to increase my limits??

Starting Score: 645
Current Score: 713!
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One is a hard tack, but I love them!

Write a GW to the EO asking for forgiveness..

Message 2 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

Write a GW to the EO asking for forgiveness..

I agree!

Message 3 of 5
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

They are tough to get CLI's from, period. Not sure how having a few baddies affects that, but even with pristine history it is very hard to get them to do CLI's.

Gardening since: 4/2015
Starting Score: 666 Current Score: 688(Barclay FICO) Goal Score: 750

Message 4 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Have some real bad marks and currently disputing them on one of my capital one cards through my attorney and still got a 1k increase this month..  Hope that answers your question.  Maybe they just want my lawyer to leave them alone?  Although that won't happen till the marks are gone, hopefully they will cave l and remove the lates as they are my last real bad thing on my credit

so long story short yes you can get an increase with Capital one with bad stuff with them in the past.  Also have had a new CC with them as well since the bad stuff in the past.  so TWO CC through them

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.