cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is getting a minus point for 2012...Not so good. They are closing accounts

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One is getting a minus point for 2012...Not so good. They are closing accounts

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to here, but frequently banks and other companies use large multinational banks to act as trustees for certain types of transactions including: legal settlements, bond repayments, interest payments, and other types of funding. 

So, if a check you received from Capital One fits into this type of category, then maybe that's why Deutsche Bank was involved. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 31 of 38
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One is getting a minus point for 2012...Not so good. They are closing accounts

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Well take a look at the checks that c1 issues and you will see that is DeutcheBank Where the money is coming from

Thats funny you mention that. I got a refund check from them today. I requested it to avoid it messing up my utlization since I had a -277.22 credit..... Yes it does have Detsche Bank Trust Company Delaware on the top of it. 

I honestly hope everything works out for you and you don't lose anymore cards. 

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 32 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

That just means they have an account at DB not that they are owned by them.

That isn't to say DB hasn't invested in them; I do know that a non-trivial number of warehouse lines in US institutions are actually provided by DB but that is different than an ownership stake, basically it's wholesale money to make an analogy to other goods providers.

Too lazy to try to look at the reported financials to figure out if there's a connection, pretty moot in my estimation anyway.

        
Message 33 of 38
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Alright, I've read a few posts and have concluded that if we take everything "astritaho1979" has claimed to be true...the reason for AA is pretty simple. A BK from 2007, a 30 day late a few years ago, a number of inqs in a short period of time, and having his oldest 12 year old account fall of his credit report probably tanked his total history age and AAoA. Combine this with the fact that he recently got CLI's on some of the cards in a short period of time...it probably spooked the banks. 

The 2nd possibility...(and please not the pitchforks again :smileyvery-happy:) is that the OP is just fabricating cases (such as $125,000 income + $175,000 business accounts, etc). Again no one really knows so we shouldn't judge. 

The 3rd possibility is that he has some of the most horrendous luck and really is getting axed. 

In any case...these are just some of the possible reasons/answers. No need to get offensive/judgemental/etc. 

(Posted this on "US BANK NOT A SERIOUS LENDER" thread as well just so some may see a connection. 

Message 34 of 38
LesWH
Established Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

Alright, I've read a few posts and have concluded that if we take everything "astritaho1979" has claimed to be true...the reason for AA is pretty simple. A BK from 2007, a 30 day late a few years ago, a number of inqs in a short period of time, and having his oldest 12 year old account fall of his credit report probably tanked his total history age and AAoA. Combine this with the fact that he recently got CLI's on some of the cards in a short period of time...it probably spooked the banks. 

The 2nd possibility...(and please not the pitchforks again :smileyvery-happy:) is that the OP is just fabricating cases (such as $125,000 income + $175,000 business accounts, etc). Again no one really knows so we shouldn't judge. 

The 3rd possibility is that he has some of the most horrendous luck and really is getting axed. 

In any case...these are just some of the possible reasons/answers. No need to get offensive/judgemental/etc. 

(Posted this on "US BANK NOT A SERIOUS LENDER" thread as well just so some may see a connection. 

I'm putting my money on the 2nd possibility! Woman LOL

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 35 of 38
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

All the cards i lost were from nov 2012.It hasnt been any other problem with any other lenders.I am telling you man its just this lenders they i mention acting crazy.but yea thanks

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 36 of 38
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

I did not say the are ownd by db i just said they probably funding money from them

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 37 of 38
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

why dont you stick at the matter at hand and not trying to be all over my case

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.