Capital One isn't Worried About Fraud

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One isn't Worried About Fraud

@FinStar wrote:

@Loquat wrote:
Citi does the same thing on requested replacement cards if the reason wasn't from lost/fraud as they'll issue the same card number with the same expiration date and CVV number.

Yes, and I've received 'activated' cards from BoA, JPM Ritz and a few others who appear to be moving in that direction 🤷

They sent me and DW new BofA Premium Rewards cards with the contactless feature on them earlier this month and they were already ready to go with the exact same info. Actually didn't think much of it til I read this thread

Message 31 of 35
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Loquat wrote:
Citi does the same thing on requested replacement cards if the reason wasn't from lost/fraud as they'll issue the same card number with the same expiration date and CVV number.

Yes, and I've received 'activated' cards from BoA, JPM Ritz and a few others who appear to be moving in that direction 🤷

We'll see if they do this on Chase CFU. I misplaced card and new card on the way. Old number already removed and new showing on account page.

Of course I found card after ordering new one!! 😞 

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

They must know something we all don't know. The risk is well worth it. And they DO care about fraud.

Message 33 of 35
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They must know something we all don't know. The risk is well worth it. And they DO care about fraud.

I used physical card to pay at 5 pm, one hour later Amex let a charge go through for pizza in Tokyo. 

My conclusion, Amex is aware teleportation devices exist, and they believe I have one. So yeah, they know something we don't 

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I used physical card to pay at 5 pm, one hour later Amex let a charge go through for pizza in Tokyo. 

My conclusion, Amex is aware teleportation devices exist, and they believe I have one. So yeah, they know something we don't 

Not only do they know something we don't, they have sophisticated fraud detection, therefore one can conclude they worry about fraud. What a country! 🎃

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.