Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One judgement dismissed

tag
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Capital One judgement dismissed

A few months ago, I posted my story on how Capital One was reporting a card that wasn't mine, would always verify the disputes with the CRAs as a valid account, sued me outside the SOL and got a summary judgement.  Then, after I sent a letter to the Office of the Comptroller of Currency, they removed the accounts from my report saying they are not mine.

Full thread is here:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cap-One-Unbelievable/m-p/907590#M262679

Yesterday, I got a letter in the mail with the court order that the judgement they won last year has been vacated and the case dismissed.  

Now I have the urge to write a letter up the judicial chain and also to the office of attorney ethics about both the judge and the attorney office involved in this case.   

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One judgement dismissed

i second that. please do so. unless we the people start asking for accountability, these big banks, their cronies, and an irresponsible judiciary will keep rubber stamping whatever garbage is put in front of them without any diligence.

my wife got sued by RMC Corp., a collection agency recently but we filed a counter-suit, showed up in court and had the case dismissed with prejudice.

Message 2 of 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations!!!! So glad to hear that you got this resolved!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 6
seruby
Frequent Contributor

@waqaszm1 wrote:

i second that. please do so. unless we the people start asking for accountability, these big banks, their cronies, and an irresponsible judiciary will keep rubber stamping whatever garbage is put in front of them without any diligence.

my wife got sued by RMC Corp., a collection agency recently but we filed a counter-suit, showed up in court and had the case dismissed with prejudice.

Nice.  Mine is dismissed without prejudice, so they can sue again.  But I've already got a NACA attorney who knows the situation with it being outside the SOL, and I'd have no problem having him make me a $1000+ richer.

Message 4 of 6
p-
Valued Contributor

@seruby wrote:

A few months ago, I posted my story on how Capital One was reporting a card that wasn't mine, would always verify the disputes with the CRAs as a valid account, sued me outside the SOL and got a summary judgement.  Then, after I sent a letter to the Office of the Comptroller of Currency, they removed the accounts from my report saying they are not mine.

Full thread is here:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cap-One-Unbelievable/m-p/907590#M262679

Yesterday, I got a letter in the mail with the court order that the judgement they won last year has been vacated and the case dismissed.  

Now I have the urge to write a letter up the judicial chain and also to the office of attorney ethics about both the judge and the attorney office involved in this case.   

Nice, congratulations!  I would be sorely tempted to stick it to them if I had the chance.

Message 5 of 6
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

@seruby wrote:

Nice.  Mine is dismissed without prejudice, so they can sue again.  But I've already got a NACA attorney who knows the situation with it being outside the SOL, and I'd have no problem having him make me a $1000+ richer.

well, we were going to stick them with the fdcpa violations too, but when their attorney said, "with prejudice", we were like alright as long as they can never brng it to court again. now, i wish some knucklehead collection agency dares to bring it to court again, even by mistake and we will sue them for watever we can.

glad that you got your issue resolved as well. if the court costs were charged as taxed, i doubt they will take you to court again ...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.