Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One just made me $30!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One just made me $30!

Two things here....

FIrst of all - congratulations on the savings!

Second - Uber is a great idea, however, I'm in the insurance business, and this is a huge concern. A lot of Uber drivers just assume their car insurance will cover them in case of an accident. PLEASE, be aware that personal auto "for hire" is not covered. Make sure the Uber service in your area is properly insured or there could be some major consequences if there's an accident, and sure hope nobody on here is a victim of an unfortunate situation.

And, if you want to see a funny episode on TV concerning Uber, watch last season's South Park episode about the Uber service.

Message 11 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Uber is extremely insured now... Any issues of insurance of the past have been taken care of and its for the company and all drivers as a whole not by area.
Message 12 of 34
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

No discounts for me....Uber left Kansas cuz the insurance requirements were too strict 

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
2x points on Amex and uber

Yep, doesn't work with corporate cards. Before the Cap1 deal, Amex was my Uber go-to.

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

Two things here....

FIrst of all - congratulations on the savings!

Second - Uber is a great idea, however, I'm in the insurance business, and this is a huge concern. A lot of Uber drivers just assume their car insurance will cover them in case of an accident. PLEASE, be aware that personal auto "for hire" is not covered. Make sure the Uber service in your area is properly insured or there could be some major consequences if there's an accident, and sure hope nobody on here is a victim of an unfortunate situation.

And, if you want to see a funny episode on TV concerning Uber, watch last season's South Park episode about the Uber service.

Uber works very differently in NYC, actually. Drivers have a Taxi & Limousine Commission license and must work from a "base;" they're not just individuals like they are in other cities. (But as another poster said, I believe Uber has anted up the insurance for drivers in other markets.)

Message 15 of 34
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Wow - congrats on the additional $$!

Message 16 of 34
rlx01
Established Contributor

20% back is insane.

Worrh 3 HP? Hmmmm...

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused as to why people think cashback is free money.. It's not like it's an initial sign-up bonus of $100 when you spend $500. You still spent money on your uber.. You just got a 20% discount.. lol.

Message 18 of 34
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know we all know now about the Uber/Capital One QS partnership, but just wanted to share some of the rewards. I use Uber A LOT so I was very excited about the promotion. Logged in today to see this—basically $30 in free money!

You REALLY need a car. At some point you are going to be spending more on Uber per month than a car payment + insurance. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused as to why people think cashback is free money.. It's not like it's an initial sign-up bonus of $100 when you spend $500. You still spent money on your uber.. You just got a 20% discount.. lol.

Interesting. Then a $100 sign up bonus tied to a $500 spend quota could also be seen as a cash back deal. If you have to spend $500 to get $100 is basically 20% cash back or as you put it, a 20% discount. 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.