Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One just made me $30!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One just made me $30!

If you live in a big city it very well might not be just car payment and insurance.
In Chicago I paid $250 for parking at my apartment.
If I had to drive and pay for parking at work too who knows!!
I know many in CA that use Uber and Lyft full time 2-4x a day... For some it makes more sense to spend $500-$600 to not own anything, not drive anything, and not have the stress of parking and what not!
We never drive to go to dinner, parties, etc anymore
Message 21 of 34
zerbherb
Established Contributor

is the 2x mr points for uber on amex true? I wanna activate that now.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 22 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes, any personal Amex I believe that earns mr points just bill charges to account, no signing up
Message 23 of 34
zerbherb
Established Contributor

That's not bad 71$ from Teaneck to jfk
;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, you could look at it that way, but I tend to separate it from traditional cash back as it is continent on spending x dollars, whereas your cash back is there whether you spend 1 dollar or 1000 dollars. And if we're getting anal about it, 100 sign up bonus would actually be 21.5% cash back in addition to the 1.5 base.

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know we all know now about the Uber/Capital One QS partnership, but just wanted to share some of the rewards. I use Uber A LOT so I was very excited about the promotion. Logged in today to see this—basically $30 in free money!

You REALLY need a car. At some point you are going to be spending more on Uber per month than a car payment + insurance. 

Can you hear me laughing? I live in Manhattan. It would be virtually impossible for me to spend more on Ubers than I would on a car payment, insurance, and parking in NYC.

(Although, FWIW, most of these charges were in London over the course of a week, not all on May 7.)

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice! 

Message 27 of 34
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I'm trying to enter the Capital One code in my profile before June and it's saying that I need to be a new user...?

Message 28 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

I'm trying to enter the Capital One code in my profile before June and it's saying that I need to be a new user...?

all codes for free rides will be for NEW users only.

Message 29 of 34
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

all codes for free rides will be for NEW users only.

Ok. Don't really need it to be free but want the 20% per ride so want to sign up before that expires. 

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.