Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One must be feeling generous!

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Capital One must be feeling generous!

After seeing various threads about emailing the executive office about increases, I decided to do the same thing this past Friday.  Someone called me back on Friday and I told him I wanted my $2,000 dollar limit raised.  I told him that I realize that I just opened the account in November 2012, but looking at the other cards I have, this one was never going to see any action.  He asked me what I would be comfortable with and I told him for now $5,000 would do it.  Looked this morning and my limit is $5,000.  No HP at all, considering I told him that I did not want an HP under any circumstances.  Perhaps Capital One reads these boards and sees that they have a bad rep as far as increases go and they want to improve that!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One must be feeling generous!

Congrats on the increase -- very nice!!! Smiley Happy

Yes, it also seems to me that Cap1 is softening a bit. I'm still in shock over getting my Platinum upgraded to Venture Signature, with no hassle -- just a "sure, you're eligible to upgrade" for a response. And this was without even having to contact the Executive Office!  I'm not quite sure what gives, but they may very well be rethinking their policies. The lack of their cards having the ability to grow has been a major complaint, so perhaps they are trying to improve customer loyalty. If this is the case, all I can say is good for them!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 21
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 21
wonderandawe
Valued Member

@tinuviel wrote:

Yes, it also seems to me that Cap1 is softening a bit. I'm still in shock over getting my Platinum upgraded to Venture Signature, with no hassle -- just a "sure, you're eligible to upgrade" for a response. And this was without even having to contact the Executive Office!  I'm not quite sure what gives, but they may very well be rethinking their policies. The lack of their cards having the ability to grow has been a major complaint, so perhaps they are trying to improve customer loyalty. If this is the case, all I can say is good for them!

Wow!  How long had you had your Platinum before they upgraded you?  I got a Platinum to start building my revolving accounts and though i'd have to get rid of it in a couple of years due to AF/Lack of CLI.

myFICO Equifax - 675 (June 2013)
myFICO TransUnion - 700! (June 2013)
Credit Karma - 682 (June 2013)
Starting Score - 603 (December 2012)

In the garden since 6/7/2013
Message 4 of 21
Education44
Contributor

I would agree -- I've gone from $750 to $7,500 in just over a year. I also had my APR reduced and rewards added.

Starting Score: 532
Current Score: EQ08 702, TU08 710, EX08 701Goal Score: 760

NASA, $30,000/ Wells Fargo $20,000 / Venture $7,500 / JCP $6,000 / Ch Freedom $5,000 / Ch Sapphire $5,000 / Discover $5,000 / Walmart $4,500 / VS $2,150 / AMEX BCE $2,000/ Chase SW $2,000 / Merrick $1,900 / Credit One $1,450 Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 21
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@wonderandawe wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

Wow!  How long had you had your Platinum before they upgraded you?  I got a Platinum to start building my revolving accounts and though i'd have to get rid of it in a couple of years due to AF/Lack of CLI.

I've had the card since 1999. I had so-so credit at the time, and they gave me a starting limit of $1400. Then in the mid 2000s I had some serious financial bumps in the road, and even though other cards were closed I managed to hang onto this one. My credit was absolutely trashed during that time period, but so long as I caught up on late payments, they kept the account open. I started rebuilding my credit in the summer of 2010 -- became current on accounts, both open and closed, and remained current; paid off any outstanding balances; etc. My scores went from the mid 500s to where they are in my siggy. In 2011, Cap1 gave me a whopping $5000 CLI, bringing the card up to $6400, which floored me! And now finally, the upgrade to Venture.

I don't know if they would have done this had I not had such a long history with them. OTOH, I'm surprised because they surely know my bumpy history. I suppose that they've been able to see that I've gotten my finances back on track and have rewarded my improved credit behavior. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 21
wonderandawe
Valued Member

Thanks for the info!  I just got my card in May of 2012, so I know I am a long way off from a PC.  I did get a $100 credit increase at 6 months (though I have read that this might be the only credit increase I may see).  But it is good to have some hope of being able to build a relationship with Capital One instead of just discarding them when they are no longer useful.  

myFICO Equifax - 675 (June 2013)
myFICO TransUnion - 700! (June 2013)
Credit Karma - 682 (June 2013)
Starting Score - 603 (December 2012)

In the garden since 6/7/2013
Message 7 of 21
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your increase!  

I'd like to email them concerning an increase on my year old No-Hassles card.  Would someone be so kind as to PM the email address?  I've searched the boards and only find the phone number, but I'd like to email them.  Thanks so much for the help!

Message 8 of 21
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

After seeing various threads about emailing the executive office about increases, I decided to do the same thing this past Friday.  Someone called me back on Friday and I told him I wanted my $2,000 dollar limit raised.  I told him that I realize that I just opened the account in November 2012, but looking at the other cards I have, this one was never going to see any action.  He asked me what I would be comfortable with and I told him for now $5,000 would do it.  Looked this morning and my limit is $5,000.  No HP at all, considering I told him that I did not want an HP under any circumstances.  Perhaps Capital One reads these boards and sees that they have a bad rep as far as increases go and they want to improve that!!

That's amazing!  Don't see this much!  Congrats!  Nice CLI!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 9 of 21
dannydannyFICO
Established Member

can an AU request a CLI?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.